Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create sub skill group in ICM 8.0

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I have a requirement to create sub skill group containing a set of users which are assigned to other set of skill group.

For example: users A,B and C are assigned to Skill group S1 and S2.

now i want to add A and B under a sub skill group.

How do i do this?  Is there any dependencies related to it?

i m using icm 8.0

7 Replies 7

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Don't use Subskills with UCCE (ICM and CUCM). Subskills work OK with some TDM switches, but have issues with UCCE. There have been some good posts here over the years why Subskills are counter productive.

Regards,

Geoff

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Subgroup Mask tab (Skill Group Explorer)

This tab is enabled only if the selected peripheral can have subskill groups.

Allows you to view (and edit, if you have maintenance access) the number of subskill groups on the currently selected peripheral.

Override peripheral default mask:

If this check box is not checked, the default subskill groups for the selected peripheral are created. Selecting this check box enables the subskill group check boxes.

Subskill group check boxes:

Check the box for each subskill group you want to generate.

Uncheck the box for each sub-skill group that you want to delete:

Upon saving, the unchecked sub-skill groups are only marked deleted in the database for reporting purposes. To permanently delete these sub-skill groups once they are on longer needed, use the Deleted Object tool.

If these sub-skill groups are not permanently deleted, configuring a sub-skill group with the same priority by checking off the corresponding checkbox in the Subgroup mask tab causes the error message "Failed to update the database. The enterprise name that was entered is already in use".

Sub skill groups tab (Skill Group Explorer)

This tab is enabled only if the selected peripheral has subskill groups.

Allows you to view (and edit, if you have maintenance access) the subskill group properties of the currently selected peripheral.

Associated sub skill groups:

The list of subskill groups associated with the peripheral.

Sub-Skill group :

The names of the subskill groups associated with the peripheral.

Priority ;

The priority level of the subskill groups: 1=primary; 2=secondary; 3=tertiary; and so on. The value 0 indicates a base skill group. This is the default when there is only one skill group and there are no priorities.

Agents in the selected sub-group:

The list of agents in the selected subskill group.

Agent name :

The names of the agents in the selected subskill groups.

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts!!

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I agree with geoff@hp.com, don't use Sub Skill groups.

Actually, if you want to achieve some form of hierarchy, you can use services. Assign users to skill groups, and then skill groups to Services. You can route calls to Services in the same manner as you would do with Skill Groups.

Anyway, I never needed such kind of division, one "layer" of grouping was always sufficient.

What are you trying to achieve, can you please explain?

Thanks

G.

Thanks for the reply.

is there a way to create internal only skill group?

if i have a skill group which has few agents and this skill group is not used in any scripts; but agents are part of other skill groups which are used in several scripts.

what will be the use of creating a such skill group which is not used in any scripts.

are there any dependencies?

can this skill group be helpful in routing calls?

Thanks

Hi,

you can assign an agent to multiple skill groups, if this is what you are aiming at.

There's no side effect of having a skill group which is not used in call routing.

But again, why are you doing this, could you please explain.

G.

i had asked the same question to the requestor user; i thought they might be needing this to generate reports easily for a specific group of users.  So that they dont have to select multiple skill groups and then filter out the agents for whom they need details.

But user told me that they want it to perform better call routing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways thanks for the answer.

Er... if you mean 'nesting' multiple skill groups into one, then that's what Services are for.

About the better call routing - well, it's already confusing.