Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create UCCE CTI Toolkit Custom Reason Codes

CSCO11098440
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am wondering about how to create UCCE Custom Reason Codes for CTI Toolkit.

Do we have to assign text to the values which comes from the registry in CTI OS Server?

Quote from: CTI OS System Manager Guide for Cisco Unified ICM/Contact Center Enterprise & Hosted Release 9.0(1)

To define the text that appears for each Logout reason code in the Select Reason dialog box, set the value data associated with the reason code to the text you want to appear for that reason code.

Regards,

ACK

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

CTIOS custom reason code should be created in the registry along with their value. For Logout and NotReady you need to create new DWORD value where Name will be the reason code description and value data will be reason code. For wrap -up you need to create a new string value where data value will be the wrap-up description.

Below are the loction where you need to change the registry file.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Ctios/CTIOS_instance name/Server/Agent/ReasonCodes/Logout

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Ctios/CTIOS_instance name/Server/Agent/ReasonCodes/NotReady

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Ctios/CTIOS_instance name/Server/Agent/WrapupStrings/Incoming

Regards,

Ashfaque

View solution in original post

Hi,

You can directly do it from the registry. I think for NotReday and Logout you only concentrate on data value and did not tried to change the Name. To change the name just click on the DWORD and click F2 then rename it as per your requirement. For your reference kindly see the below screen shots.

Regards,

Ashfaque.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi,

CTIOS custom reason code should be created in the registry along with their value. For Logout and NotReady you need to create new DWORD value where Name will be the reason code description and value data will be reason code. For wrap -up you need to create a new string value where data value will be the wrap-up description.

Below are the loction where you need to change the registry file.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Ctios/CTIOS_instance name/Server/Agent/ReasonCodes/Logout

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Ctios/CTIOS_instance name/Server/Agent/ReasonCodes/NotReady

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Ctios/CTIOS_instance name/Server/Agent/WrapupStrings/Incoming

Regards,

Ashfaque

Hi ACK,

In addition to what Hossain(+5)  has said, please refer the attached snapshot.

regds,

aman

Thanks for the answer. However, if I want those values to being seen as text such as Coffee Break on CTI Toolkit Desktop for the agent then what I should do? Because values of Reason Codes are Hex or Dec not a string.

Regards,

ACK 

Hi,

How u are configuring ? Under the name select say BREAK, TYPE as REG_DWORD.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I found it from configuration manager Reason Code List option. It takes Reason Code as reference and match it with registry value. Then the text from Reason Text value appeared on CTI Toolkit Desktop.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

ACK

Hi,

You can directly do it from the registry. I think for NotReday and Logout you only concentrate on data value and did not tried to change the Name. To change the name just click on the DWORD and click F2 then rename it as per your requirement. For your reference kindly see the below screen shots.

Regards,

Ashfaque.

Thanks Hossain.

Regards,

ACK

So it works by making a change in:

• Config manager - Add your -  Reason code list
  • CTIOS server regedit for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Ctios/CTIOS_instance name/Server/Agent/ReasonCodes/NotReady"
  • Are there any services that need to be re-started on CTIOS server?
  • Anything needing modification on the client side?
  • Is there an order that needs to be followed?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: