Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Dial by Extension? IPCC Express 5

Chuck Reid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I see an example of dial by extension in the sample aa.aef file that was installed but it doesn't seem to work, anyone have a script for dial by extension? I have one that works but if the extension is invalid it just hangs up...

Thansk,

Chuck

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chuck,

Andy is the best help in industry. If he gets busy here is what I can offer:

Attached is my modified script you can use.

please rate if it helps.

Thanks,

Baseer.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

attache your script to the post and I can fix it and post it back.

adignan - Berbee

Chuck,

Andy is the best help in industry. If he gets busy here is what I can offer:

Attached is my modified script you can use.

please rate if it helps.

Thanks,

Baseer.

Thanks, worked very good.

One more question, how would I go about setting this up so that users can dial at any time? What type of object do I need? Right now I have a menu and a prompt saying to press option 3 to dial by name but would really like the prompt to say dial an extension if you know it without having to tell users to press an option.

Thansk,

Chuck

I have one more issue, I am calling the dial by extension script as a subflow from my main script. If the IP Communicator of the person I am calling is closed, the call goes into VM but not into the persons mail box as it should.

If his IP Communicator is running and he does not answer, it goes into his mail box as it should.

I tried changing the call-redirect to a call-consult transfer but no change.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Chuck

I moved the contents of the script into my main script but I still am not going to the persons mailbox when their IPC softphone is closed.

Chuck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: