cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to force a holiday or close during the day ?

Sandy Lee
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I want to know how to force a normal day to become an holiday in case of an outage ? Yesterday we had to close because of a major electric outage in the region, so I wanted to put IPCC in a state where all the ICDs would be like a sunday or a holiday but could'nt find a way to do this. We actually have IPCC express 3.5 standard, but are upgrading to IPCC express 4.0 Enhanced in the next few weeks. So I'm wondering how to accomplish this or is there a better way to "close" the system, so that all the callers would be answered like it was non-working hours ? Is there a way to do this globally in version 4, if so how ?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The easiest way is to set a variable as a paramter and then enable it from appadmin page. This variable would be checked from the script and if set treat the call with closed/holiday logic.

Another alternative is to create another script where someone calls in and sets this variable via the phone. This would require either an XML file or DB to set the global varaible.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info, I'll look into your second alternative, I prefer a global variable because we have over twenty scripts running.

Thanks again.

l.mourits
Level 5
Level 5

Sandy,

Search CCO for "script repository" and download. The script repository holds both the holiday script and an emergency message script (even one that can be activated remotely by phone with DTMF digits).

No need to figure out yourself.

HTH,

Leo

I am unable to find this in the script repository. I need this exact functionality.

Thanks,

Randy

I just searched for "script repository" and the very first link is the script repository:

http://www.cisco.com/application/x-zip-compressed/en/us/guest/products/ps1846/c1028/cdccont_0900aecd80179234.zip

HTH,

Leo

Thanks, Leo.

My issue now is figuring out how to write the contents of one file to another.

Randy