Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to get characters (A, B, C, ... )

Dear all,

I had observed  that in MENU and Get Digit String steps filter also contains "A, B, C  & D" buttons. Whereas in Extended Get Digit String step we can put A  to Z whatever we want.

My question is that, if I have any  option(for menu) with B or I want to get id of user(in charactors), how I  can put/insert that via phone/mobile etc?

Snaps of steps are also attached.

Regards

Kashif

1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

Re: How to get characters (A, B, C, ... )

The ITU-T Q.23 specification (a.k.a. DTMF) only allows for 0-9ABCD*# characters. If the Digits Filter parameter on that step is allowing more than that it is a bug. I suggest you stay within the boundaries of what should be possible; who knows what odd behavior you'll run into there.

My question is that, if I have any  option(for menu) with B or I want to get id of user(in charactors), how I  can put/insert that via phone/mobile etc?

The only step that comes close to allowing for this is Name to User which lets you "spell" the name of the user; however, this is limited to CCX users. Beyond that alphanumeric input is more typically done by an ASR system.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content