Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to get rid of "There are 0 callers ahead of you"?

Let me start this post off saying I know very little about CCX.  We are running version 8.0.2.10000-41, and on the call manager and unity we are 8.5.

When people call into the main helpdesk line, it says "Thank you for calling.  Please hold while you are connected to the next available agent.  There are 0 callers ahead of you".  Which in a queue sense, is accurate, because they are number 0 / 1 (however it's presented - they are the 'first' caller in the queue).  Which is fine from the man-behind-the-curtain view.  But it makes callers mad because they don't understand why if there are 0 callers ahead of them in the queue, why they don't get instantly picked up. But in reality, there may be 5 people on the phone with other users, so they don't "count" to contact center because they are out of the queue and on the phone.

I am wondering how to get the script to ignore the "There are x callers ahead of you"?  At one point I found a list of wav files that say 0-9.  I thought I could maybe modify 0 somehow, but that seems so... unelegant.  There has to be a way to make this script say something different on 0 I would think ??

Thanks,

-PKil

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

How to get rid of "There are 0 callers ahead of you"?

Add an if statement to check what the variable value is after you collect it, and if value is = 0 don't play the prompt. If you can post your script we will point it out exactly if you need more details.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content