Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get the "dn" variable into a script

Christian Holst
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem getting the variable "dn" from the script it isn't a "public" variable, but I'm able to see it in the logfile.I bet it's in an java object somewhere - I just don't know how to get to it. Does anyone know how to get it. I've attached a part of the log:(

cn=8485[5-6]XX, dn=8485601,cgn=9812,ani=null, dnis=null,clid=null,atype=FORWARD_ALL, lrd=9817,ocn=9817,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have a similar issue but i haven't find the repo. package... Where is?

Thanks

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

If you want to get that in a CRS script, Create a string variable for capturing the DN. use the GetCallContactInfo node (under Call Contact). Assign CalledNumber to the DN string variable. If that does not get u the right #, use the OriginalCalledNumber.

Hope that helps. Please rate posts

Thanks for answer, but i know that's a no-go.

OriginalCalledNumber = ogn(in my log)

CalledNumber = cn(in my log)

LastRedirected = lrd(in my log)

Christian Holst
Level 1
Level 1

Had hoped for some answers already, but perhaps telling the setup helps.

I have created a routepoint with DN 8485[5-6]XX.

P(hone)9817 has CFA to 8485601.

When i call P9817 from P9812, i get redirectred to the routepoint 8485[5-6]XX. The application at this routepoint should give action according to the last 3 digits, but as you can see in the last line of my first post, callednumber is the routepoint and NOT the redirected - this is in dn(dialed number?).

I would like to get this DN number, so i don't have to create 200 routepoints times 20 :)

Somebody please help

How about the calling number? Did you try that? That is probably your last option. Don't know what else you could do if ContactInfo is not giving you the information

calling number = cgn(in log)

I actually someone was able to tell where the data was placed, I figure it must be reachable somehow(since the real number is in the log), I don't do much java, but i think that's the way to go, as far as I've been able to dig up on the net, dn(dialed number) is used when doing call routing. Just typically, I'm never able to do what i want in that editor. Last time i tried placing a call where I decided the calling number - that was a no-go as well.

If anyone were gonna use this setup. The Question is covered in the basic repo. package from cisco in the folder "IP Queue manager\get_dialed_number", haven't tested it yet, but it looks promising

I have a similar issue but i haven't find the repo. package... Where is?

Thanks

Here is a link to Cisco's Sample Script Repository...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html.

Under the IP QueManager folder there is a Get Dialed Number folder. Once you drill down into this folder you will see a readme doc that will help you out.

More... My issue is:

- I call, from outside, the number xxxxxxx342;

- On CCM this number is translated, with a translation route, to RP 340;

- IPIVR run a script, triggered by RP 340.

In this script i don't see original dialed number (xxxxxxx342), but I find anywhere 340 (in GetCallContactInfo properties fields)!!!

Any hint?

Thanks in advance

Your number(xxxxxxx342) should be in Original Called Number, But I can't see why you would need this number if your routepoint is static, if its because xxxxxxx342 covers a range of numbers, Dont use a translation pattern, just have make the DN on the RP xxxxxxx342, that way you can use the GetDialedNumber app. If this dosn't help i don't get your problem, if further help is needed is need to know the setup and function og the script.