Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make UCCX Historical Reporting only able to view particular teams report

subash cobi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently have a UCCX 8.0(2) which is support 2 call centers (2 different teams, CSQs, skill set, etc..)

The Historical Reporting user from both teams should be only able to see report from their own call center.

Currently, i notice once i give an user the Historical Reporting privilege, the user will be able to get report which consists of both the call centers information.

Am i'm able to seperate the view of the user to only view data in report from their own call centers.

Regards,

Subash

12 Replies 12

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Subash,

Any agent who has 'Historical Reporting' capability can generate historical reports. Administrator grants 'Historical Reporting' capability to agents through appadmin. If an agent/supervisor has the capability, then he/she can view the reports for all the agents.We can't restrict based on teams

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Hello there, can someone from Cisco confirm if this condition is still valid for version 9(+)?

I have the same situations as Subash. Two different Teams in UCCX and neither should be able to see each other historical reports.

Thanks.

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

You could look at editing the xml file for the report template that defines the parameters available for the report.

For example, if you look in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Cisco UCCX Historical Reports\ReportTemplates\en_US\

you'll see an xml file for each report template. This xml file defines amoung other things, the criteria that the report can be run against.

Looking at ICD_Contact_Service_Queue_Priority_Summary_en_us.xml report, you could edit the CSQs available in that report by editing the query between the SQL tags ...

eg:

SELECT distinct csqname FROM contactservicequeue where csqname like 'xxxx'

You would need to do this for each report, and you would also need to update the xml files on every supervisors pc manually. Not ideal, but it might help you.

Brian

Appreciate your thought Brian but it's UCCX 8.0, where the OS is locked out.

GP.

This is done on the supervisors PC where the HR client is installed.

No need to edit anything on the server.

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a try in my lab.

GP.

subash cobi
Level 1
Level 1

hi Brian,

I just tried it out.

I editted the xml file ICD_Contact_Service_Queue_Priority_Summary_en_us.xml.

Changing it form:

SELECT distinct csqname FROM contactservicequeue

to (my csqname is CSQ_GEN)

SELECT distinct CSQ_GEN FROM contactservicequeue

Once i select the report from HRC and error appeared.  Error 5041

Attached is the log i saw from the HRC log file.

You'd need to run ....

Select distinct csqname From contactservicequeue where csqname like 'CSQ_GEN%'

% is a wildcard

It needs to be a valid sql query. You can test your queries on the command line by running

run uccx sql db_cra Select distinct csqname From contactservicequeue where csqname like 'CSQ_GEN%'

you'll probably need to restart the HRC client after changes to the templates are made.

subash cobi
Level 1
Level 1

I tried using:

1) run uccx sql db_cra select distinct csqname From contactservicequeue where csqname like 'CSQ_GEN%'

2) select distinct csqname From contactservicequeue where csqname like 'CSQ_GEN%'

But still got the error.

Although we i used Squirrel SQL client connecting to the UCCX DB, i manage to query using

select distinct csqname From contactservicequeue where csqname like 'CSQ_GEN%' and got a valid reply.

As attached.

Is there any changes required in the ICD_Contact_Service_Queue_Priority_Summary_table_en_us.rpt and ICD_Contact_Service_Queue_Priority_Summary_chart_en_us.rpt.

I've tried this in my lab with and it works. Are you sure your XML file does not have any other errors in it? Does it open with internet explorer OK?

SELECT distinct csqname FROM contactservicequeue WHERE csqname LIKE 'CSQ_GEN%'

BTW the 'run uccx sql' command will not work between the SQL tags. It needs to be SQL only.

Attach your xml file if it's still not working and i'll check it out in my lab.

subash cobi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brian,

Here is my xml file.

Hope you can look into it.

Thanks.

XML file attached,

a couple of issues, you had db_cra in your SQL tag before the Select statement, and your editor seemed to do something funny with the copyright symbol in the comment tags at the top.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: