Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to monitor Agent Login State and then send to Voicemail

Hi I am currently writing a script for a customer and am trying to find out how to perform the following:

Within the script, check to see if an available resource (ie; Logged in Agent) is available and if it is not then to send the call to a redirected Voicemail box. I know how to perform the redirect it is more how to check the Agent Login state within the script and where best to perform this function, ie; before or within the Select Resource etc, or should I use a different Step?

If anyone can help that would be great,

Many thanks

Steve

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Re: How to monitor Agent Login State and then send to Voicemail

The Get Reporting Statistic step retrieves the quantity of Logged On Agents for the CSQ to an integer variable. You can then use an If step to see if the quantity is greater than zero and proceed accordingly.

I typically recommend adding this logic in two places:

-Immediately proceeding your Select Resource step.

-Within the Queued branch of the select resource step. This allows the script to pull a call out of queue (remember to use the Dequeue step before leaving the Queued branch) and send it to voice mail if all the agents log out.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or

Hi many thanks for the response. Using the option for if a Logged In Resource is greater > than zero against a Integer Variable (True on the IF Statement) then send the call to the queue. If False then send the call to Voicemail. The documentation seems to suggest I need to use a 'compareTo( )' however I cannot seem to get the syntax right for it, can you help?

Many thanks

Steve

Blue

not sure why you would need the compareTo(). I never do. just as you said "IF > 0 is all you need in the IF step.

Views
Helpful
Replies