Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pass selected language between scripts

Hi,

I have a main script in which user is selecting language then later I am calling a callback script using call subflow step.

When callback script is executed, I get English as default language for all prompts.

I like to send caller's language selection to subflow so that script automatically picks all prompts based on user selected language.

English and French language is installed and common name prompts are available in both folders. uccx version is 8.5

Any help in pointing in right direction will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sonain

Sonain
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sonain,In the subflow step of

Sonain,

In the subflow step of the calling script you can pass in the language either "English" or "French" using the input mappings tab. In the Sources field you can type either "English" or "French", in the subflow destinations field you can enter language (no quotes) which is a variable defined in the called script. In the called script you create a string variable called language and either use a switch step based on the language string or If step based on the language string. Based on the language passed in from the calling script you can do a set contact info step to set the language. See attached. I haven't tested this but I use the set contact info step to set the language where necessary.

Bill Mungaven

2 REPLIES

Sonain,In the subflow step of

Sonain,

In the subflow step of the calling script you can pass in the language either "English" or "French" using the input mappings tab. In the Sources field you can type either "English" or "French", in the subflow destinations field you can enter language (no quotes) which is a variable defined in the called script. In the called script you create a string variable called language and either use a switch step based on the language string or If step based on the language string. Based on the language passed in from the calling script you can do a set contact info step to set the language. See attached. I haven't tested this but I use the set contact info step to set the language where necessary.

Bill Mungaven

Hi Bill,Sorry for replying so

Hi Bill,

Sorry for replying so late. I was caught up in few projects.

I will try this and let you know.

Thank you

Sonain

Sonain
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content