How to rebuild CAD database or Fix Corrupt Database
If you have any issue where one side of the Database is corrupt and replication isn't working properly. Here are the steps that you can follow
1. Confirm the NIC configurations on both servers before proceeding.
2. Stop exiting replication connection by doing the following:
To shut down Directory Services replication: Follow this procedure on each Directory Services server. If one server is already down, restart it and then perform this procedure. i. Open a command window and change folders to the following location: C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin This is the default location. ii. At the prompt, type LDAPUtil /C <IP address> where <IP address> is the IP address of this server. Directory Services replication is shut down.
3. On the PC hosting the primary database, stop the Cisco Desktop LDAP Monitor.
4. Remove all contents from the files repl.log and repl.log.lock from the \Cisco\Desktop\database directory.
5. Delete all files in the \Cisco\Desktop\logs\replica directory.
6. Open a command window on the primary database computer.
7. Change directories to Cisco\Desktop\bin (the drive and exact location of this folder depends on where the service was installed).
8. In the Cisco\Desktop\bin directory, type the command: slapcat -f slapd.conf -l backup.ldif -c and press Enter. A file called backup.ldif is generated.
9. Copy the backup.ldif file to the computer on which the secondary LDAP service is installed, into the Cisco\Desktop\bin folder.
10. On the PC hosting the secondary database, stop the Cisco Desktop LDAP Monitor.
11. Rename the existing folder Cisco\Desktop\database to Cisco\Desktop\old_database.
12. Create a new folder called Cisco\Desktop\database.
13. Copy DB_CONFIG and all files with a *.dat extension from the old_database folder to the database folder.
14. In the database folder, create an empty file called rep.log.
15. Open a command window on the secondary database computer.
16. Change directories to Cisco\Desktop\bin (the drive and exact location of this folder depends on where the service was installed).
17. In the Cisco\Desktop\bin directory, type the command: slapadd -f slapd.conf -l backup.ldif -c and press Enter.
18. Type exit and press Enter to close the DOS window.
19. Restart the Cisco Desktop LDAP Monitor on the secondary computer.
20. Restart the Cisco Desktop LDAP Monitor on the primary computer.
Run PostInstall on B to setup the replication again. Monitor the taskmgr to make sure that the slurpd.exe and slapd.exe are running and that there are no .rej files in the replica folder.
Following steps you can use to identify if there is any Replication issue on the CAD Database:
Stop the cad services on both sides of the system. (Cisco Desktop LDAP Monitor Service, Sync) Clear all the files that end in .rej from the replica folder (\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\log\replica) Restart CAD server A, then restart CAD server B and monitor the replica folder. If there is any new .rej files generated it will mean that the corruption of the LDAP db is still in the system and stage two will need to be completed.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...