cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to redirect calls to a specific skill group?

t. prophet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are now having many skill groups: Skillgroup1, skillgroup2, skill group3, .... in cisco IP contact center.

pls consult me how can I set a higher priority that can make calls go to skillgroup1 first, after that skill group3, then skill group2....

May i can change Agent Desksetting to  change the diffirent time wating for each one?

Would you show me another way.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

May i can change Agent Desksetting to  change the diffirent time wating for each one?

It does sound like UCCE and no, Agent Desk Settings has no effect on queuing (one may consider that the RONA setting is to do with queuing, and if you have a target RP here, then it's true. CVP - no effect but a timer to make the agent not ready).

But you can easily do it with ICM scripting once you identify the caller. If you can do that, then you can control how long you queue at one skill group before adding in another. If you want it to apply to every caller, your task is easier.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dass Prakash R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You would need to explain more on your query. What is the setup you are using (UCCX / UCCE / CVP Comprehensive, etc).

Thanks,

Dass

Sounds like you have UCCE, the best way to handle this via scripting and expeditied queueing. 

You first queue skill1

then you queue skill1, skill2

etc

Chris

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

It does sound like UCCE and no, Agent Desk Settings has no effect on queuing (one may consider that the RONA setting is to do with queuing, and if you have a target RP here, then it's true. CVP - no effect but a timer to make the agent not ready).

But you can easily do it with ICM scripting once you identify the caller. If you can do that, then you can control how long you queue at one skill group before adding in another. If you want it to apply to every caller, your task is easier.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi all,

It's correct. We are running UCCE.

Yeap, i know that RONA can make the agent not ready after a time, but i still confuse that: in Agent desk setting there is "Wrap up time" field, so by changing this parameter, i think we can modify the waiting time for each agent. In definition of

Wrap up time (The amount of time in seconds allocated to an agent to wrap up the call) if we increase/ decrease this value it means that the number of calls that comes to specific skill group can be modified

Just imagine:

- Skill group1: wrap up time = A

- skill group2: wrap up time = B

if A>B, it's also mean that: all agent in skill group2 will have bigger number of call than in skill group1, isnt it?

@Geoff:

"But you can easily do it with ICM scripting once you identify the  caller. If you can do that, then you can control how long you queue at  one skill group before adding in another. If you want it to apply to  every caller, your task is easier"

would you mind show me how can i do it?

Thks in advance.

I see why you may consider modifying the wrap time to solve your problem however it will only cause you problems in the future the wrap timer is not designed as a method of augmenting call flow only to provide your agents enough time to finish up side work with the customer they just finished with before a new customer call arrives on their phone.

I suggest using your ICM script to perform the simple task of queue selection.

One example is using a "IF" node to evaluate how long the caller has been in queue and when your pre defined time ellipses route to a second skill node that has both Skill-A and Skill-B , this would insure the next available agent ( regardless of skill ) will be selected to treat the caller.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: