cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to repair the CVP reporting installation?

Hi,

I am facing the following issue on the cvp reporting server:

The Informix database has been installed on the “D” partition. The hard-disk where partition D is installed has been defected so I lost the “D” partition.

Anyway, I replaced the defected HD by a new one and I added the “D” partition again.

Do you have any idea, how can I repair the installation of the CVP reporting ?

Thanks in advance

Georges

6 Replies 6

Where these drives configured as RAID?  Did you rebuild the RAID?

david

Hi David,

yes, we have rebuild the RAID only on 2 HD  (partition "D:"). we didnt change anything on Partition C:

regards,

Georges

So, I'm assuming you had C drive with some RAID disks, and D drive with other RAID disks, correct?  An you rebuilt the RAID for D and is there any data in the drive?  What kind of RAID did you have setup?  If you repaired the RAID and there's no data in the drive, then you're SOL, hopefully you have a backup.

david

yes, it is correct but we dont have any backup and now we dont have any data on D:

i can reinstall the cvp reporting server but the problem is that an upgraded enviroment so i will need a new licenses for a fresh installation that is why i am looking to repair the installation and not to reinstall it

thanks

Georges

I've never done that and I don't think it's possible.  Your best bet is probably a reinstall.

david

i think so.

thank you David