cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to replace a failed subscriber node on UCCX 8.5

al_vargas
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to replace a failed subscriber node on UCCX, however on second node setup wizard I got the error message: "Add to Cluster is failed because of ClusterException Can not add node to cluster. There already two nodes in the cluster. If you need to add, refer Installation Guide for the procedure to replace any crashed node".

How can I solve that?

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Perhaps this may help:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27231

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

I have had already read such document, but that information was not able to help me.

My problem is #1. I have already removed the failed node, made a fresh install and run the first setup wizard in the new rebuild node without success. Every time I run the wizard I got the error message there is already two nodes on the cluster.

Another clue?

Regards,

Alberto

If you have already removed the entry of SUB from the PUB node , and after that if u are still getting the error , then open a tac case ,

Sometime when you remove the node entry , it doesnt get deleted from databse , tac has a linux script that they will run to remove the entry manually from root account and i can guarntee that your issue will be fixed , i have seen this issue million times....just open a tac case and asked the to remove the node entry and try to do the fresh install setup again to add it to cluster....

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I'm having the same issue.  Was TAC able to resolve the issue for you?  I opened a TAC case and the engineer was able to find the redundant node's IP in a few files, however it didn't resolve the issue.  Any other details I can relay to my TAC engineer?

Thanks.

Hi Alberto,

Can you please share how you fixed this issue ?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a doc for version 8.5 with steps on how to change IP address of your CCX server:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/legacyfs/online/attachments/discussion/uccx851ag.pdf

read the redness steps and then the actual procedure on changing IP of CCX Sub under "Changing the IP Address for Subscriber Server in a HA Deployment" section.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: