Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to Route Calls based on priority

Hi,

We have ICM Version 7.2.5 running on our contact center setup along with CVP 7.0. Here we have some scenario as required by the customer:

For Ex.

We have two differnt skill group namely Custmoer care and Technical Support. We are getting call1 for cust care, call2 for cust care ,call3 for tec support and call4 cust care.In this case we need to serve call4 for before call3 were we have differnt scripts running for each skill group.

Kindly suggest your recommendations on the above and guide me to take it further.

Regards,

Sivakumar

4 REPLIES

How to Route Calls based on priority

You can lower the priority of calls in queue either by editing the settings of the queue node or placing a priority node after you queue the call. In your case you would lower the priority of calls in your tech support script. Default priority is 5, and lower numbers correspond to higher priorities, so you would change your tech support priority to 6 for example. Keep in mind if you lower the priority, those calls will always go to the back of the line behind higher priority calls. Careful you don't squeeze these callers out completely.

Re: How to Route Calls based on priority

Hi,

Thanks for your response. The above will work when both the skills are in the same ICM script. But kindly let me know how it will work if we are keeping each skills in differnt scripts and can you please explain me how to do it.

Regards,

Siva

No that priority applies across the entire system. When you set a call's priority the router will obey that priority for all queue's for that call, no matter what script each call is using. Change the priority via the priority setting in your queue node properties, or place a priority node after your queue node and set your desired priority there.

ok I'll try this and update the status.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content