Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How to transfer call to Long Distance number that requires a LD code after dialing number in UCCX script.

We have a customer that wants their calls routed to an answering service after hours.  The only problem is the number is long distance and we are required to enter Long Distance codes when placing LD calls.  The code is required after dialing the digits and hearing a prompt tone from the LD carrier requiring the code. 

Does anyone know how to do this through a script in UCCX?  We are currently on UCCX 9.0.2.10000-71 and CUCM 8.6.2.23900-10.  I've tried using a Consult Transfer with no luck and a Redirect with no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

How to transfer call to Long Distance number that requires a LD

I am sure you would be able to pass the DTMFs for this scenario. I think you best option would be to bypass FAC for these calls by routing it via RP with no FAC requirements.  So, simply change the CSS on the CTI Ports to have access to RP with no FAC checked.

HTH,

Chris

Community Member

We do not use FAC on the RP.  The restriction is on the PRI's from the Long Distance Carrier.  I would think there should be a way within the UCCX script to transfer to a Long Distance number and have it dial the number, pause and then enter the Long Distance Code.  When I try to enter the complete string it fails because it doesn't actually try to dial the number and then enter the code.  The Call Manager looks at the pattern and blocks it....unlike if I were to lift the handset, get dial tone, dial the number and at the prompt tone then enter my Long Distance Code.  Is there no way to have a script do this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Most likely the telco is prompting for the digits prior to the CONNECT message and therefore UCCX will not be able to send the DTMF as it hasn't received a CTI message from CUCM that the call is connected.  It still thinks it's ringing and waiting for an answer.  So my guess is you cannot do this.  You will need to figure out a different work around.

One could be doing a blind transfer (call redirect) and let the caller enter the code.

Another could be get a different circuit which does not require a code (centralized billing) and use that exclusively for applications like this one, leaving the other trunks for regular LD calls.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Hall of Fame Super Gold

You can use my "speed-dial with pauses" tcl/ivr script. It can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

Community Member

Paolo - Thank you for the offer; however, I was hoping to find a solution through the community and not have to pay for a possible solution.

Thanks,

Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content