cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use ICM 6.0's Built-in function date()

mhshahzad
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find out how to use date() function. I would like to get today?s date (09012006) but when i use this function as date(), i get a weird number such as 145363.

Thanks for your help.

5 Replies 5

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

The ICM stores dates and times as floating point values. The integer portion of the value represents the date (the number of days since January 1, 1601) and the fraction represents the time (0.5 is noon).

date [(date)]:

Integer Current date or the date portion of a given date or date-time. The given date can be a floating point value (as returned by the now function), a string of the form MM/DD/YY or M/DD/YYYY, or three integers: YYYY, MM, DD.

For example, to test whether today is July 15, 1999, use the expression

date() = date(1999, 7, 15).

I am still confused about this date () function. Are you saying that I need to the conversation to the return value of date () function to see the correct date format (mm, dd, yyyy)? I still get an odd numbe when I do the date () or date ()=date (2006,09,05).

Thanks for your help.

What are you trying to do with your script? just post a screenshot of your script.

Screen capture is attached along with the variable value from the termination call detail table.

I am trying to capture the system date in the mm,dd,yyyy format and compare it with the date field from the ext. database.

thanks for your help.

I dont think you can store date in call.peripheral variable. You need to specify more what you want to do with your script.

You can for Example do an IF node with

(day(now())==1)&&(month(now())==11)&&(year(now())==2006)

or

date((year(now())),(month(now())),(day(now())))..

didnt test that but it should work, it depends on what you are trying to do with your script.

Rate post if helpful

Karzazi