cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to write ICM script...

plotnikov_alex
Level 1
Level 1

Please, help to write correctly ICM script.

See, please, attached file with icm script:

1-st screenshot - script itself

2-nd screenshot (monitored) - agent is ready

3-rd screenshot (monitored) - agent is not ready

I can call to agent when agent is ready. When I make agent not ready, call simply leave script, I assume this is because of Release call node, but when I delete release call node, call is going in IVR script (BasicQ in this example) and never return to agent, when agent is ready...

But what I'd like to get in result is - to make call get back to agent when agent IS READY AGAIN.

May be should I remake script, but don't know how

May be anybody know how to create script that simply loop between agent and IVR and when agent is ready - simply going to agent/skill group (this WORKS), when agent is not ready - plays IVR prompt (this is also WORKS), when agent is ready agian - call release from IVR script and go to agent (THIS IS DOESN'T WORK)

And I can't understand logic of all this mess - guides says that it can be wait node in ICM script, on this forum some guys says that it can't be there...

Thanks advance ,

Alex,

system engineer,

Moscow

22 Replies 22

You need a RONA Script (Redirect No answer). Currently the RONA Timer is set in the Agent Desk settings for the Agent. You probably have it set to some XX number of seconds. That is the # of seconds that the call will ring at the agent's phone. Once the XX timer expires, the call does not go where to go. That setting is defined by the RONA Dialed number setting. So, herez what you need to do

1) Create call type - Call it RONA_CT

2) Create Dialed number in ICM - YYYY (You can create this in CM, associate with PG user etc (according to Cisco TAC) but in reality,only the ICM DN is needed for RONA)

3) Associate YYYY dialed number with RONA_CT

4) Copy your existing script and rename it _RONA

5)Edit the script - Connect the Pass of the skillgroup node to a priority Node and set the priority to something like 3 (lower the #, higher the priority). Connect the Priority to the basicq.aef

6) Schedule the RONA script for the RONA call type.

7) Associate the RONA Dialed number with the Agent's Desk Settings RONA dialed number

8) Thatz it. Test and see. That should work. Call in. Let it ring at the agent phone. Do not pick it up. It should rona to the rona script. Monitor this script too. Make the agent ready again. You should see the call ringing again at the agent

Good luck. Please rate posts

Thanks, but how call should return again to agent's extension, i can't grasp..

The logic for my solution should be:

1. call go to some route point number - ICM script begins to work

2. agent is ready - call go directly to agent's extension

3. agent is not ready - call go to some DN (RP) on IVR

4. agent is ready again - call return from IVR (i assume by means of some internal interaction between IVR and ICM, and this is just does not work)

But when i use RONA, if i understand correct, call'll go to some alternate DN if agent is not ready, and should get to IVR, but how can it return back i don't understand, cause this is not a loop, or i'm missing something?...

Alex

No it is not a loop. ICM knows what Dialed number the call should be sent to when the Agent does not answer the call. This is based on the Agent's login and hence tied to the RONA DN that is setup for the Agent Desktop settings. An Agent can belong to only 1 ADS. So, what is normally done is for each group,we setup seperate RONA DN's. ICM basically pulls the call to the RONA DN script when the agent does not answer the call. And then it will follow the script. So, normally the RONA script will look exactly like your incoming script except that the call will be queued at higher priority.

When the agent becomes available again, the RONA script will transfer the call to the agent.If the agent does not pick up the call again, again ICM will take the call and reroute through the RONA script.

Please rate posts

Did everything as You've written, nothing works...

another words, when i call initial script's DN, call is going to agent (ready) and not rerouting to RONA DN (assosiated with RONA script)

Please, see attached file, where could i make mistake

1 screenshot - initial script

2 screenshot - RONA script

3 screenshot - agent dest settings

Thanks advance,

Alex

"another words, when i call initial script's DN, call is going to agent (ready) and not rerouting to RONA DN (assosiated with RONA script)" -

I meant, that call is not rerouting to RONA's DN after timeout pointed in "Agent desk settings" - 2 seconds in my case, may be shouls i change to more seconds, or nevertheless i made a mistake?...

Alex

And yet just two words...

When I was calling initial script's DN (which is going to agent's extention) I noticed in PG1 trace such words:

"Trace:Telephony driver::ProcessRingTimeout: Agent failed to answer alerting line. Agent ID=1 DeviceNetworkTargetID=5006

Trace:Telephony driver::ConnectionCleared: Releasing device is not an extension number"

I think may be this is why call is not rerouting to RONA DN/Script, but don't understand what i did wrong...

Alex

Now I can make call to RONA's DN because of "Ring no answer time" timeout. All i did is to remove "idle reason reqired" and "logout reason required" from ADS

But another problem now - call is not coming back to agent's extension, when i make agent ready...

See please attached file and see (ADS and PG1 trace), please Rona.doc from previous post

Thanks advance

Alex

1) For right now, increase the Ring no answer time to atleast 10 seconds and higher. 5 seconds is pretty much only 1 ring which is too short.

2) Idle Reason and Logout reason will not matter. Idle reason is for when an agent goes not ready. Logout is when an agent logs out. At that time, a popupbox with reason codes is activated for the agent to select

3) Ensure that the Ring No Answer time is LESS than Call Manager Forward No Answer Time. This is extremely important because if CFNA is >= RONA, then CM will take precedence and the call will follow CM's CFNA process

4) I checked the document screenshots that you sent. Looks ok. First, agent does not answer line. That is ok. And Releasing device is not the extension number because ICM pulls back the call. ICM is the one that releases it. It looks ok to me.

Let me know how it works when the RONA timer is increased (but less than CM CFNA timer)

And RONA timer is the seconds of ringing after which the call will be pulled back to the RONA queue. Normally, 4 seconds = 1 ring. You would want to give the agents more time to answer the call, like say, 12 seconds (3 rings) or 16 seconds (4 rings) or so. I know you are testing this stuff but this is something to keep in mind for later

Thanks,

RONA (ring no answer = RONA timer or there is another timers?) timers is now 10 seconds, forward no answer timer in CM is 12 sec as it was by default, still does not work... :(

Call goes to RONA script, but not after 10 sec as in ADS, it goes there after 2 or 3 sec, that is strange and that because i asked maybe there is some another timer, agent automatically became not ready, when i make him ready, it doesn't call to agent, instead continue playing BacicQ script prompt...

Are you shure i didn't make any mistake in ICM scripts?

Alex

No. Script is ok. It is a very simple script that should work. There are some other forces in play here. Yes, RONA = ring no answer timer (in ADS)

Are you saying that when the call goes to the RONA script, agent is set to Not Ready. That is normal behavior. Basically when the agent does not answer the call for the first time, the agent is set to Not Ready and then, the call is RONAed. This way the RONA script will hunt for other available agents. So, when the call goes to RONA script, it plays the BasicQ prompt again. Make the agent available again. What happens? Are you saying that the call does not go to the agent at that point? Let me know immediately

If the call is RONA'ed into the RONA script, and if it does not go to the BasicQ script, then I want you to Remove the Translation Route node from the RONA script. Connect the start to the QueueToSKillgroup node directly. No TR.

I was making agent available several times - no result, Basicq's prompt still playing...

No i'll try to revome TR from rona script

alex

When i removed TR node from rona script call continuing playing, and agent is not becoming "not ready", other words i think call is rerouting to rona script and immidiately ring at this same agent again...

Alex