Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to play a warning prompt to the ext. that is receiving a call

dsobrinho
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Guys,

I work in a hospital and I need the patient beds/rooms, when receiving an external call, to play a warning to the patient before completely transferring the call "stating that the hospital does not deal with medical bills or the cost of treatment over the phone", and then the call is completely transferred.

The figures below are fictitious just to illustrate:
Example.png

I'm trying to use Place Call step but I'm not having much success. Can someone know something like that ?

Daniel Sobrinho
11 Replies 11

In UCCE/PCCE you can look at Whisper Announcement feature which covers this need. But as far as I know, in UCCX it's not available.

Marek
Web: https://gaman-gt.com

Hi Marek,

Exactly that, much better described. I understand that another hospital network that has Cisco solutions has managed to implement a Cisco Contact Center solution, but I can't say which version or solution. They may have used one of the two you mentioned.

Daniel Sobrinho

Whisper is more for delivery of calls to agents, it sounds like here they want to deliver the calls to the rooms/non-ACD locations.
Could this be as simple as you having your calls come in (say 2125551111, 2125552222, etc), route to a basic prompt in UCCX about the bills, and then send it to the label of the room 1111, 2222, etc.? Like switch the room destination to be a label/number different than the originally dialed number?

Hi @bill.king1 

I'm sorry, it's very early, and I haven't had coffee yet...  but I couldn't understand your point? Could you please explain?

Daniel Sobrinho

Sure. Agent whisper mentioned above likely won't work, since the calls aren't going to agents.

In your picture, the ultimate destination is 4240, 4241, etc. The number person is dialing is 3522654240 (and presumably 3522654241, etc.).
So why not have your 3522654240/41/etc. go to a very basic menu that plays the prompt you want, then sends it to the label for that room (i.e. 4240/41/etc.)? Presumably one script with one message, and send it to the label/destination of whatever the call came in on PSTN number of last 4 digits.

Are these direct dial calls to the patient rooms, or are they transfers from some sort of auto attendant? If it is an AA, what (Unity, UCCX) serves as the auto attendant?

Hi @Elliot Dierksen 
yes, it's a direct dial to the patient's room.

Daniel Sobrinho

This will do the job provided you're willing to have the outgoing call leg transit a CUBE.

https://twitter.com/tindallpaul/status/1284194828071440386

@dsobrinho wrote:

yes, it's a direct dial to the patient's room.

So to be super specific, direct dial from the PSTN to the patient room? Assuming that to be the case, i'll detail a solution (kludge) I used to plan a disclaimer messages to callers. This could possible be adapted for your scenario.

Inbound gateway had a translation pattern for numbers where a disclaimer needed to be played. That TP could only be reached by the gateway for incoming calls.

That was translated to a really broad (XXXX) dummy DN in a hidden partition.

That DN was call forwarded all to a CTI route point hosting a CCX app.

The CCX app answered the call, played the disclaimer prompt, got the original called party from the call details and then transferred the call to its final destination.

For your use case, the CUCM setup would be the same.

The CCX app would answer the call, and play some sort of 'hold on while we debate putting your call through' message (wish I could figure out how to get a smiley in there).

Then it would determine the final destination party from the original called party, place a call to that number.

If the call is answered, it would play the disclaimer/warning message, and then transfer the original call. If the call isn't answered, the PSTN call would get a message that the party is unavailable and the script would terminate the call.

You might want to play around with a supervised transfer, but I have never scripted that.

I've seen a solution where a custom app monitors specific extensions and any time a call connection happens a disclaimer is played. "This call is being recorded." Something like that would solve what you're looking for. You don't need CCX or anything else, just UCM and CTI.

david

Pranjol Saikia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Daniel Sobrinho,
As mentioned by David you can check out below custom app called "MARS Agent Greeting" which should solve your requirement.
https://developer.cisco.com/ecosystem/cpp/solutions/181073/