cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM 6.0 Administration workstation Problems

sdawson35
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 x icm server's one logger/routerA and the other logger/routerB, we then have an administration workstation but it cannot see the 2 icm servers we get a -9934 error.

We have followed the tech sheet to cure this problem but it does not work.

Does anybody have any ideas ?.

Scott.

8 Replies 8

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

This is most likely a name resolution issue. Please reference this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a00801df5fb.shtml

please rate posts.

andy - berbee

Hello,

Tried this, it doesn't work !!, gave the AW a completely silly name and it didn't make any difference.

Scott

to resolving the error is to change the hosts and lmhosts files on Logger A, and then issue the sendall.bat command to propagate the change to all other ICM systems.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a00800ad56e.shtml

I have done this as well , it doesnt work either.

We are not using the icm's (A/B) as domain controllers, we have 2 seperate Win2K active directory controllers.

When installing the AW the instance name is the same as the instance name of the icm's, the AW server name is used as the AW name.I am using fully qualified domain names for all entries in the AW.

The SQL databases can see each other, you can make odbc connections to each other.

I am at a complete loss what to do next.

Scott.

Well there is your problem. In 6.0 it is a requirement that your Loggers must be Domain Controllers. This requirement isn't removed until 7.0 when the DC functions can be moved off to other servers.

You are going to have to promote the Loggers to Domain Controllers and re-run setup on all your servers (router, logger, pg's, aw's) and you may be ok. You are actually better off "uninstalling" all the applications on each server using ICM setup.exe > promote > then run setup again.

please rate posts.

andy - berbee

Loggers do not have to be domain controllers in 6.0. It is actually recommmended that application servers do not function as domain controllers. There is a generally unaccepted security risk of having a domain controller and SQL server on the same box. In 7.0 ICM integrates with Active Directory and it is required that the Loggers not be domain controllers. Seperate/existing servers will have be used for the domain and the Logger DC processes demoted and removed if installed.

jeff.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

Let's test connectivity first:

1) Can you ping the Call Routers from the AW using the same names that you used in ICM setup on the AW? Don't bother using FQDNs, just put the hostnames in there (make sure that DNS actually matches the real hostname/IP Address of the servers). No need to use Hosts/Lmhosts files if DNS is setup properly. If you can ping,then you know that IP connectivity and domain/dns structure is right.

2) Can you 'net use' from the AW to the Call Routers? e.g. "net use * \\callroutera\c$". if so then you know that you have correct security rights at that level.

3) Root AW connectivity doesn't care about AW sitename at this point, what is the updateaw process saying besides the error?

The connection between the AW and the Call Router occur over the Visible network. Is the Call Router opening the correct ports on the correct Ethernet interface that the AW is trying to connect to?

Do your SQL servernames and NetBIOS names match on the AWs and Loggers?

/Jeff

Hello Scott

Have you figured out what the issue was on this one?

I am seeing similar issue.

The DNS resolution is fine. I don't think this has anything to do with DNS.

I still get the same error you had. (9934).

Any ideas?

Purush

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: