cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM 7 - DB Lookup more than True or Flase?

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a long..long list of DNs that I can put into a DN Lookup Node but this takes time and means a single change requires a resonable amount of re-work. I'd like to be able to put my DNs into a Table along with a DEPARTMENT code.

Ie:

DN DEPT

1001 Service

1002 Sales

And so use something like the DB Lookup or IF step to use Call.DialedNumber as the lookup value and return DEPT?

Is this possible with the builtin ICM DB Tools?

Thanks

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan,

I wouldn't add any additional tables to the SideA database. It would not affect syncronization, but during an upgrade, the table could be lost. Best case, I would point to a database external to the ICM system. Second best, I would create a new database on the logger or HDS and put that new table in the new database.

You would need to have the client create a new user with rights to the database & table. It would be best if the user had a non-expiring password. I haven't found any other way for this to work.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

you could use a custom function for this, it could get very big and require some work on the front end. other than that, what you're looking for is something like a case statement in programming, which is not available through script editor.

david

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. A Custom Function was my first choice but this has a field limit and I'd require many CFs for my 3000+ DNs

Thanks

Dan

villarrealed
Level 1
Level 1

Dan,

Yes, the build in ICM db lookup can perform the database dip you want to perform. There are a couple of issues when using this step that I want to note. First, the step only allows you to look at one table, no joins are allowed. Secondly, the step will only filter based upon the primary key of the table. Looking at the example you provided, if you make the DN the primary key and only needed to perform a lookup on that field, it would work great for you. When setting this up, take a look at the Help in Configuration manager for the database lookup configuration. The configuration requires very specific references to the database and tables you are using. In addition, you will need to put the logon credentials in a registry key.

Hi villarrealed ,

Thank you. I shall have a play in my test region and shall read the help for this specific function.

Thanks Again,

Dan

Hi villarrealed,

I've got the process working and it's working well. My only questions / concerns are:

1 - Can I add the new table (Called DNLookUP) into into the existing SideA database without causing any issues with replication syncronisation etc...

2 - The sa password has been changed and so I'll need to create a dedicated user ID to add to the Router Registry: Is their a smarter way (Creating IDs with non expiry are not liked by my client)

Thanks

Dan

Dan,

I wouldn't add any additional tables to the SideA database. It would not affect syncronization, but during an upgrade, the table could be lost. Best case, I would point to a database external to the ICM system. Second best, I would create a new database on the logger or HDS and put that new table in the new database.

You would need to have the client create a new user with rights to the database & table. It would be best if the user had a non-expiring password. I haven't found any other way for this to work.

Hi villarrealed,

Thank you for the prompt reply, I'll create a new database and put my custom tables in their along with a didicated user just for SQL access to the views.

Thanks

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: