cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM default label for dialed number

lee.alex
Level 1
Level 1

I have checked my AW router log viewer and found there is a number of message like

"No Default label avaiable for dailed number xxxx"

I didn't apply any default label settings in the dailed number and wonder why where will be so many default label is returned.

How will the default label will be returned to callers in IPCC??

17 Replies 17

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

Default label

It is possible that the ICM software might fail to find a call type for a route request. Also, the ICM software may execute the script currently scheduled for a call type and fail to find a destination for the call. In these cases, it uses a default label that is defined for the dialed number. If no default label is defined for the dialed number, the ICM software returns an error to the routing client.

The routing client itself also has some default action defined. When you set up each routing client you can specify the maximum time that client can wait for a response to a routing request. If ICM software has not returned a destination for the call before the time limit is reached, or if ICM software returns an error, the routing client performs its own default action.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800e484d.html

Hi Guys, i'm having the same issue all the time, i have the simples't configuration on the routing script just like this

start

|

select LAA-> skill group

|

end

but all the time on rogger i see the same error, nodefault label available,any clue where to put any default label? if so where should it be ponting?

Thanks,

Hola Juan,

try putting a Q to SG or a MED to a skill group instead of going directly there.

Let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Riccardi

With CVP, you can have a perfectly correct routing setup and still get a ton of errors shown in the Router Log Viewer like "No default label available for dialed number CVP_PIM1.RC.4085551234 (ID 5010)." That's what I see.

Is it worth adding default labels to get rid of this error, even though the routing is fine? Where do you put these default labels?

Regards,

Geoff

You get these messages when the ICM script fails to generate a label. Examples of ICM nodes that cause the script to return a default label if one is configured are the End nodes. These should not be used if you do not whant to see these errors, If you have finished all of your call processing then a Release node should be used.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\jason

Hi Guys, i still not understanding where or what node to add, here is the script i'm using at the moment, and it seems to be working fine, agent is recieving the outbound calls, i don't understand why router says there is not a default label if i havae already confugired a label for the this routing client.

I have had a look at your script and it say's the following

Find the Longest Availiable Agent in Skill Group CV.prueba2.sg

Which is fine when there are agents availiable, however if there are no agents availiable then the LAA node will fail and the call will pass through the x leg of the LAA node and pass to the End node. This is Bad.. You need to continue your script with a Queue to agent node and provide queueing resources including hold music etc..

In your script if there are no agents availiable to handle the call then the call will be terminated, I assume this is not what you require.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for you answer, finally i have changed the script, i forgot to tell you that the routing script i uploaded, is an outbound script, and the configuration i'm working on is intended to have only one agent in each skill group, so the only agent in the skill group should answer all the calls for this outbound campaign. (so there is one outbound dialer list per agent=per skill group we have only one agent in each skill group). i tried changing the END node on each script for all the agents instead of the END node i pasted a Release Call node also on the personal callback script, now i tried a couple of outbound campaigns also a couple of personalcallbacks and seems to be working fine so far. do you think this change on scripts may affect performance, or operation for agents in the log term??

thanks,

We've been hitting the "No default label available for dialed number ..." errors quite a bit, and checking out the router log shows "Script XYZ executed for more than 2000 nodes" messages attached to each "No default label" message.

The issue I have with this is that we are using 90s music on hold files, and the calls are apparently hitting this limit after less than 30 minutes. Even with the additional processing we have around the MoH loops, this is simply not possible - and the monitor counters in Script Editor don't seem to reflect such large node values either.

We have even bumped the max nodes up to 7000, and still had the same problem at around the same sort of time.

C.

Hi Chris,

seems your call is simply lasting too long where music on hold is playing.

Why do you have such long loops? You might break it even in different scripts.

Regards,

Riccardo

Well, we finally got to the bottom of this one - and it's an interesting case for others to take note of...

There is apparently an issue with the "Play Media" ICM MicroApp, and the default "barge-in" setting.

Essentially, if you configure a prompt or piece of MoH to play using the "Play Media" MicroApp (such as during queue treatment), the system defaults to Y for DTMF "barge-in".

What this means is if a caller hits a digit during prompt playback, the system cancels the playing of the prompt, and goes onto the next one.

Normally this would not be a problem - unless the next prompt also has "barge-in" set to Y.

Apparently ICM "caches" the digit entry, and applies it to all following prompts too.

So, if you have a series of music prompts with barge-in set to Y (or null), such as when you are queuing a call to an agent, and the caller hits a digit, ICM "fast forwards" through this and ALL of the following prompts.

This results in the system looping the call through all of the nodes in the ICM script, until it hits the configured maximum number of script nodes (default is 1000, we have ours set to 5000), before dropping the call entirely.

We have replicated the issue, and we have replicated the fix. When we set the barge-in parameter to N, the issue no longer occurs, and the caller stays queued.

C.

>When we set the barge-in parameter to N, the issue no longer occurs, and the caller stays queued.

Yes indeed. I had not bothered to set that on any of the Play Media prompts, and one tester before go-live (they do funny things) reported that the call would be dropped if they pressed a key on their cell phone during the welcome announcement. After that episode I now set barge-in to "N" on all play media micro-apps.

Is it not strange that the Cisco default for a play media micro-app is that barge-in is enabled? Why on earth would it be so?

Regards,

Geoff

kre8or2007
Level 1
Level 1

The default label is configured in the Dialed Number/ Script Selector list. If there is none configured, the call gets dropped because it doesn't know where to go if something goes wrong. In our case the node limit was exceeded, and the calls were getting dropped.

The help says:

"If the ICM software fails to determine a target for the call within the routing client's time-out threshold, then the default label for the dialed number/script selector is used".

I'm interested in what type of default label you thought was appropriate. With CVP I'm tempted to set the error label (typically 92929292).

Regards,

Geoff