Helpful
Replies

ICM for lab use & agents

plotnikov_alex
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Please help to configure Lab IPCC.

I'm trying to integrate Callmanager 4.1 and ICM for Lab purpose, but I have not any CTI OS disks, such as:

"CTI OS

CTI OS Agent

CTI OS Supervisor

CTI Desktop

Turnkey CTI Agent

Turnkey CTI Server"

Is it absolutely nessasary to have this software in order to organize agents on IP phones or I can do without above mentioned CDs? (I'm novice in IPCC)

Thanks advance

Alex

System engineer

Moscow

19 Replies 19

plotnikov_alex
Level 1
Level 1

Yet one thing

when I issue a command from dos prompt on ICM:

CTITest: open ;

it writes: "unable to connect to sideA after 1024 ms"

Is it because I must have CTI OS installed or I done something wrong (I have added a component CTI server on ICM)

Thanks

Alex

You should have CTIServers installed on the PG's for any type of CTI functionality. After that, if you wish to use CTIOS Agent and supervisor Desktop, you will need to install CTIOS server on the PG's and CTIOS client on the client workstations. Or if you do not want to use CTIOS, you could just install CTI Desktop (toolkit) on the client workstations for CTI functionality.

So, either way you will need the CD's. The CTI Server is part of the ICM install CD. The CTIOS and CTI Desktop toolkit are seperate CD's.

Good luck. Please rate posts.

Thanks a lot

I've just read something about CTITest utility. Can I do agent's logon from command prompt (it's for lab of course) or any way I need abobe mentioned soft (CTI OS or CTI Desktop)

Alex

If you have CTI Server installed, then you should be able to do CTI test, if you have the device target, and agent configured in AW.

Thanks, does it mean that,

I can test lab configurations, such as:

doing calls to agents from callmanager, distributing calls by written scripts, transfer call to IVR and so on...

Alex

Yes, you can test as long as you have phones, extensions,pguser, configured in CM for lab use and also ivr scripts in IPIVR all functioning properly etc etc. If you are using the same production CM and production IVR, I would advise you to keep the users etc seperate (like labpguser, labjtapiuser etc) so as to not confuse anybody.

I am assuming that you are mimicing your live system with your lab config. If you are not doing this, then you could run the cti simulator. There is probably some instructions for that on the cisco website

Thanks,

yes I'm trying to integrate lab's ICM with live Callmanager...

IVR I didn't use yet, can I do without it on my first step?...

Now I has an error when I launch CTITest:

"CTITest: 05:13:25 Trace: *** SET_AGENT_STATE_REQ failure response, err:256 (CF_INVALID_AGENT_ID_SPECIFIED), periph err:0 after 0 ms. *** "

But I checked several times - user's IDs on Callmanager and ICM are OK, I think so...

And at callmanager's configuration I've put the cti route point and it says in its status: "not registered"

What I should do next, cause I have no idea..

Thanks again

Alex

Here are some steps.

Create extension (Agent Line) in CM - No Call waiting.

Create user "pguser" in CM.

Associate Agent Line extension with pguser. Ensure "no primary extension" is checked

Now, In ICM configuration Manager, do the following

Create device target for corresponding extenion configured. Add labels for each peripheral (CM's and the IVR's). Now the extension will be monitored by ICM

Create Agent. Note that Peripheral number is the login ID for CTI. I like to keep peripheral number the same as the agent line extension

Associate agent with skillgroups and Agent desk settings.

Now, you should be able to login to CTI

That is basically it for agent login

For routing calls to ICM,

Create RP in CM. Associate RP with pguser

In ICM, create call type, create Dialed number and associate with call type

Create ICm script and associate script with call type. Now any calls coming into the DN will flow through the ICM script.

For IVR stuff, there is lot more config such as creating ivrports, creating "jtapiuser" and associating ivrports with jtapiuser in CM.

In IVR, setup ports, setup translation routes etc etc etc

Thanks a lot,

I did as you recommend, and I could do agent's login..

Now can I do login for two or more agents with CTItest program?

Alex

Yet one question please.

Is it absolutely nessasary to have CTI route point registered in Callmanager's configuration?

Now I have it status "not registered" and I don't undestand why? And I can't dial to this CTI route point...

May be it is because I have not any CTI OS program?

However,I can make calls through JTAPITest program and see status in CTItest program...

Alex

If you want to take live calls, then you need the CTI RP in CM; pguser associated; DN configured and associated with call type which will trigger an ICM script that can queue the call to the live agent.

CTIOS has nothing to do with CTI RP registration etc.

That's all (CTI RP in CM; user, associated with RP; basic ICM script) I have already done, but the result is the same: RP is not registered...

What did I wrong?

And RP MUST be registered to work with ICM?

Thanks, Alex

When you dial the RP, what happens? Doesn't it trigger the script?

I try to make call from ordinary ip phone to agent's ip phone through RP.

When I dial RP it happens busy...

Ordinary ip phone, agent's ip phone and RP are in the same Partition, CSS and device pool...

May be something I did wrong on the ICM's side?

Thanks, Alex