Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM historical reports

finchcost
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Central Controllers, AW/HDS, PG's on ICM 5.0 SR11.

This connects to a call center with Avaya ACD and CMS.

Last week we lost historical reporting for about 4 days. But PG's and CMS processes were all fine when monitored with rttest and contact center was able to get the calls.

Last saturday, PG processes were recycled but nothing happened. Again this monday, processes recycled on the PG and we started getting historical data. Not able to understand what went wrong.

Is there anyway of recovering the historical data for those 4 days. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

TIA,

cFinch

4 Replies 4

wiwebb
Level 4
Level 4

A few questions for you:

1. Were there any errors in the replication process on the HDS or the Loggers?

2. When you say PGs had processes cycled, was that a complete stop and restart of the services?

3. Any network errors or disconnects between the PGs and the Central Controller?

The most curious part is that it was the second time you cycled the PG that "fixed" the problem. Essentially all data is funneled through OPC and then delivered by pgagent. I would check the 3 items above, and also check opc and pgagent logs during the period of no data.

- Bill

- Bill

Do one thing. on the Logger databases, verify if data is present. If this is the case, go to the HDS database and run the "Truncate table Recovery" command. This should replicate lost data.

But if you do not have the data for the 4 days in the loggers, you cannot get it back. Only if you have data in the loggers, can you run the truncate command on the HDS and get the data.

The tables that I am referring to are t_Termination_Call_Detail, t_Route_Call_Detail, t_Skill_Group_Half_Hour, etc etc. These are some of the tables. See in the logger if the data is present for those tables. If it is, then just use the Truncate Table Recovery command on the HDS. If that does not work, I would simply copy over the missing data from these tables over to the HDS. You can import and export the data directly. Just be careful to select only the missing data. I have done this before without any issues. Sometimes the Truncate Table Recovery will not work-the replication process will think that the HDS and loggers are indeed in synch because the new data has been replicated to HDS.

Thanks Will and Sanjeev for your comments.

I was stuck in another case and could not respond immediately.

The problem was with the pgagent. For some unknown reason the pgagent did not send any data for those 6 days to the central controllers, though the PG was online and continued receiving calls. So we lost about 5 days of historical data which I dont think can be retrieved. Further the logs on the PG's have been wiped clean and further troubleshooting is now impossible.

Anyways thank you both very much for your time and help.

Regards,

cFinch