Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM & IP IVR Application Feature

IP IVR Application Feature

I was working in Contact Center EXPRESS most of the morning. I then had to do stop working in express and jump over to Contact Center Enterprise with IP IVR to make some changes for a group. This group likes to change their wav files and of course they always need them updated last minute.

In Express I have the wav files attribute set as a parameter so I can change the wav file name on the application page for the customer. The connection with Express is the trigger / CTI Route point and Jtapi user. Jtapi Trigger connects to the application. Application is connected to the script which pulls parameters from the application page.

In Enterprise PG User controls the CTI Route point for the translation route to VRU. If I were to create an application in IP IVR it would never be queried that I know of.

Question:

With IP IVR using the script application is there a way to feed parameters to a script if there is no trigger associated with it?

Goal:

My goal would be to change the name of a wav file in IP IVR like I am able to do with Express without having to upload a new script.

Everyone's tags (3)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Why can't you just store the prompt name in a DB or XML file and then just do a dip to get that.  The only thing you'll have to do is ensure that your wav files are in the server and you're done.

david

Hi,

yes, that's possible and it's quite easy. There are multiple approaches, but the easiest would be to create a separate ECC variable, with the name e.g. "user_prompt".

Use the Set node in your ICM script to set the value of this ECC variable: Set Call.user_prompt = "directoryname\filename.wav"

Use the Get Enterprise Call Info step in your IP IVR/UCCX script to read the value of this ECC variable.

Tip: you can go super modular introducing a new simple UCCX script, I call it playPrompt.aef:

playprompt-uccx-ipivr.png

And in your ICM script, of course:

icm-playprompt.png

This basically tells the IP IVR script to play the zl3\3.6.A.wav prompt.

G.

2 REPLIES

Why can't you just store the prompt name in a DB or XML file and then just do a dip to get that.  The only thing you'll have to do is ensure that your wav files are in the server and you're done.

david

Hi,

yes, that's possible and it's quite easy. There are multiple approaches, but the easiest would be to create a separate ECC variable, with the name e.g. "user_prompt".

Use the Set node in your ICM script to set the value of this ECC variable: Set Call.user_prompt = "directoryname\filename.wav"

Use the Get Enterprise Call Info step in your IP IVR/UCCX script to read the value of this ECC variable.

Tip: you can go super modular introducing a new simple UCCX script, I call it playPrompt.aef:

playprompt-uccx-ipivr.png

And in your ICM script, of course:

icm-playprompt.png

This basically tells the IP IVR script to play the zl3\3.6.A.wav prompt.

G.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content