Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM ready only access \ domain controller

balaji babu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

How to create ready only acces for a user in ICM system through domain controller

regards

bala

10 Replies 10

balaji babu
Level 1
Level 1

can anybody help me out

Hi all,

Can anybody help me out

Regards

Bala

Your question is too generic, what exactly do you want to do?  Have you looked at Feature Control Set?

david

Hi David,

As of now am accessing all the ICM compoenents(RR,LG,AW ,PG...)with admin access.

Am going to give access to external user with limited access ie read only access.

How can i control the user credentila with the domain controller

regards

balaji b

Balaji,

Read only access to what? The config manager on the AW OR portico tool on the Rogger /PGs OR read only access to SQL on Logger and HDS?

Kartik

Depending on versions there are a few basic levels of 'user' with Active Directory...

1. Setup (in AD) - has full rights to both Setup and Configuration...  Top permissions
  2. Configuration (in AD) - has full rights to scripting and configuration but cannot run setup on any boxes.
  3. Webview (for versions 8.0 and below) - can run reports in webview

Beyond that there us a user list which allows for some level of granularity within ICM itself.

As mentioned above, for a specific answer you'll need to provide a bit more detal as to what exactly you want to lock down - or what exactly you want to provide access to while locking down the system.  There are a LOT of options as you have both the windows layer as well as the application layer to contend with and subsets of each.

Hope it helps!

Hi Jbennet,

I need to give access to a user, who is unable to edit script and unable to run the set up .

regards

bala

Hi Bala!

Now you've defined what they cannot do - but haven't explained what you want them to do.  This thread started out asking about read only access, but if you want them to be able to modify a script and run setup that by definition means they are not read only because you're giving them permission to change things.  If you want them to be able to run setup, put their Active Directory account into the Setup group.  By doing so they will inherit the permissions to make configuration changes.

Please be aware that by placing them into the Setup group you are effectively giving them administrative rights to the ICM application and there is nothing "read only" about that.

Skippy

Hi Jbennatt,

They can open script but should not able to modify it

They should not  stop any services.

They should not add any configuration.

thanks for all your suggestion

regards

bala

Hi all,

To be able to achieve the following

a) Able to login to AW Server

b) Able to open Configuration Manager

c) Able to open Script Editor and have full access in here

d) Able to open Agent Explorer and have full access in here

e) Not able to access any other options in Configuration Manager

f) Not able to access Diagnostic Framework / Services

I will need to do the following?

a) put user in the Configuration Group

b) control the access through Feature Control Set

c) Windows related options (Services) can be controlled through Group/Local policy

Appreciate confirmation.

Thanks!

-JT-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: