Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Rogger and AW Database Syncronization

manish.gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed ICM Rogger on  one Server and AW and HDS on another server, the database of both the component are not syncronized .

Please suggest , how to do the syncronization.

ICMDBA may play a role here how, any document.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Manish

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You have a simplexed system - one Logger database on your Rogger. Hence you don't need any synchronization.

You also have an AW database, which you can drop and recreate at any time when the Distributor is running - just run "Initialize Local Database". The AW copies the config from the logger over the real-time feed to the Router.

The HDS is a historical data store that receives information from the logger through the replication processes. As long as the logger retention time is sufficient you could delete the HDS, reinstall it and it will pull the historical data again from the logger, if the logger has not purged it.

You should study the ICM databases. Read your training material again and look at the "Pre-installation Planning Guide for Cisco ICM Enterprise and Hosted Editions"

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks. Correct....But when I try to run "Initialize Local Database", it gives me an error " Pipe ended".

Now the Rogger is not able to communicate with AW/HDS.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Manish

You have a problem with the installation of the Distributor AW.

The fact that you cannot run "Initialize Local Database" is symptomatic of a basic misalignment between the AW and the Central Controller. You should also see an error like "Cannot initialize the real-time feed" when you try to start the Config tool or the Script Editor. Is that the case?

I suggest running ICMSetup.exe from the icm\bin and going through the setup again. Something is not quite right. I assume your AW is in the ICM domain, you are logged in as the Administrator on the domain, and you are added a Distributor AW.

When installing a AW/HDS, I always suggest that you do this in stages. Install the Distributor AW first and apply the Service Release. Make sure this is working correctly (updateaw shows "waiting for new work") before running ICMDBA to create the HDS database and then running ICMSetup.exe from the icm\bin to make the AW into a Historical Data Store.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: