Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ICM Router/Logger Pair vs. ICM Roggers

We are considering moving from a Router/Logger pair to ICM Roggers. We will max out around 500 agents so the Roggers definately meet the specs. I am trying to locate a document explaining the pros and cons of using Roggers. Does one exist on the web?

2 REPLIES

Re: ICM Router/Logger Pair vs. ICM Roggers

the SRND is located here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1844/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a008057a473.html

I think the only considerations are number of agents/number of calls

Re: ICM Router/Logger Pair vs. ICM Roggers

Sizing is really your underlying factor (BHCA, Agent count, etc). There is no difference between Routers and Loggers vs. Roggers - it's the same software only co-installed.

Loggers (being the SQL Db) tend to be I/O intensive and the Call Routers tend to be RAM intensive so they actually nest together pretty well as a co-installation.

Pros and Cons?

Pros:

- Less TCO in servers, support and maintenance for the application

- Potentially smaller Carbon/HVAC/Electrical Footprint (Go Green!)

- It appears to fit the needs of your enterprise

Cons:

- Same eggs, less baskets

- If you need to reboot the Logger, you're also rebooting your Call Router (as an example)

- If GS has an immediate need to expand 10 fold, you have to worry about a redesign in the back office.

I can't really qualify the ICM upgrade process as a pro or con here, it's more of a trade off in my mind.

/Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies