cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM script formula in queue to skill node

paul jurkowski
Level 1
Level 1

Just a question, I'm trying to figure out as they want this skill to only take calls on either Sunday or between 7pm and 9pm (technically 8:55).

So in the queue to skill I have this:

SkillGroup.X.LoggedOn>0&&weekday()=1||(time()>time("19:00:00")&&time()<time("20:55:00"))

Is this correct? I'm a little unsure of all the parens and where they need to get placed.

To me, I'm saying

IF skill group X is logged on

AND day of week is sunday

OR time of day is between 7 and 9pm

then consider this skill group

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

You're making this harder than it needs to be, how about you create an admin script and have it set a variable to 1 when it is Sunday or between 1900-2100?  Then your formula will be SkillGroup.X.LoggedOn>0&&MyVariable

david

jason.mcdonald
Level 1
Level 1

Paul,

David has a point but if youre married to this idea, you may want to group the weekday and times, this way it will evaluate if agents are logged on and then do the logical "and" of the weekday, time.

E.g.

SkillGroup.X.LoggedOn>0&&(weekday()=1||(time()>time("19:00:00")&&time()

This way someone HAS to be logged on first then the weekday or time come into play.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to both, I was wondering if I needed to make that one statement by putting () around the weekday and time check. I get what David is saying but there is some condition with almost every skill group selection (and I didn't write most of these scripts) so I'm just trying to keep it manageble right now.

Paul,

Trust me on this, go the admin script route otherwise you will find yourself in a nightmare trying to go through each and every QtoSG nodes trying to figure out what is wrong.  The admin script provides the easiest to follow logic.

david