cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM script question

hemal.mehta
Level 5
Level 5

In a ICM script, if one want to say route every 3rd call  or for that matter any particular call differently based on the number, then what is the variable I need to check ?          

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

actually, you can use the various object fields. For instance, CallType..CallsOfferedToday for the number of calls offered for that particular call type.

G.

View solution in original post

You don't need to create a variable just use the build in random() and and see if it's <= .3, if so send the call out.  It's not exact science, but it will be pretty close.  You can track the 100th call using a CT as Gergely mentioned.

david

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I would probably create a global variable, then in the script, increase its value. Then using an If node, I would apply the mod function. For instance, mod(globalvar, 3). If the remainder is 0, it means it's the 3rd call and I will route it appropriately.

G.

Thanks.  Also I will probably reset it when the call count reaches 100, so that it never reaches a large value. So there is no inbuilt ICM variable which captures the call count ?

Hi,

actually, you can use the various object fields. For instance, CallType..CallsOfferedToday for the number of calls offered for that particular call type.

G.

You don't need to create a variable just use the build in random() and and see if it's <= .3, if so send the call out.  It's not exact science, but it will be pretty close.  You can track the 100th call using a CT as Gergely mentioned.

david

David, good point. I am using the random() function myself for evenly distributing the traffic between VRU trunk groups.

G.

Thanks for the useful input guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: