Helpful
Replies

ICM Scripting: Agent Login Check

kartik.bhatia
Level 1
Level 1

UCCE 7.5

ICM Scripting.

Is there a way to check If a particular Agent ID is Logged In or not.

I want to make a Dummy Agent, which when logged in with changes a variable value in an Admin Script to evacuate the call centre.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

What I usually do is create a skill group for example Emergency_SG.  In your routing scripts you need to create checks against this skill group.  You should have checks in the very beginning and while in the queue.

david

View solution in original post

Using the skillgroup method is what we have used in the past.

For IPCC, what we do now is setup a toll free number that asks the user for an 8 digit password. Once they enter that password, we give them an option to put their contact center into DRP or not.

This way, if there is no way for a person to log in with that skill, a supervisor could call remotely to shut down the building.

Barry

I have used both of those methods.

Some customers do not like the idea of an emergency agent, although from our side it's easy to implement - the downside is that a disgruntled employee could log in the emergency agent and shut down the contact center momentarily. A supervisor had log them out remotely from the Supervisor's Desktop, so it's easy to address. But as I said, customers are familiar with the concept and may request that it is not done that way.

David described what the checks need to be.

Regards,

Geoff

5 Replies 5

What I usually do is create a skill group for example Emergency_SG.  In your routing scripts you need to create checks against this skill group.  You should have checks in the very beginning and while in the queue.

david

Using the skillgroup method is what we have used in the past.

For IPCC, what we do now is setup a toll free number that asks the user for an 8 digit password. Once they enter that password, we give them an option to put their contact center into DRP or not.

This way, if there is no way for a person to log in with that skill, a supervisor could call remotely to shut down the building.

Barry

I have used both of those methods.

Some customers do not like the idea of an emergency agent, although from our side it's easy to implement - the downside is that a disgruntled employee could log in the emergency agent and shut down the contact center momentarily. A supervisor had log them out remotely from the Supervisor's Desktop, so it's easy to address. But as I said, customers are familiar with the concept and may request that it is not done that way.

David described what the checks need to be.

Regards,

Geoff

kartik.bhatia
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks All.

The only reason I could not use a DN number (hence this post), as I ran out of spare DDI/DNs.

Have impelemented it using teh emergency skill group login check for now.

Regards,

Kartik

I understand you don't have enough DNs so this is a moot point. However, another consideration is in case of a true emergency, the customer may not have time to login an agent into the emergency skill group. You might want to look at an application that can be accessed remotely using an ID and password and allows the customer to shutdown or bring up a call center remotely. This can also help in case of inclement weather planning.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: