Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM scripting : Announcement

Deep46
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am working on a ICM script where I use agent to agent transfer node (Right path) to transfer the call to a agent who is in ready state . It is working fine. But when the call hits an agent with 'Not ready', 'Talking' or 'Logged out' state , I would like to use some node (such as Announcement node) to send Busy tone .

I tried using 'Announcement Node ' to transfer a label to the routing client (Call manager) to send some Busy tone . It didnt worked. Could you please let me know how this can be done with Call manager as the routing client .

Awaiting your response .

Regards,

Deepak

6 Replies 6

That's interesting, have you thought about sending it to an unconfigured extension?  How about you just drop the call, or if you have to play something, do you have a voicemail system where you can send the call?

david

In addition to David's recommandations, have you tried sending it to your VRU (i.e. CVP or IPIVR) to play the prompt?

Chris

100% agreed, that's the right way to do it, but to me it sounds like this person didn't want to send this to an IVR, but I could be wrong.

david

Hi David and Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for my late reply. I am approaching in way not to drop the call, instead i would like to continue the customer call . Whenever an agent A trasfers to agent B(not ready) then the call should be again answered by the agent A . Just that agent should understand that agent B is not ready state.

Is there any node or variable in ICM, i could check the agent states.

Thanks.

Deepak

You already know the agent is not ready, you don't need to check for that again.  What you're looking for is a mechanism to notify agent A that the agent is not available.  Like Chris mentioned you could send it to an IVR to play a message or you could send it to an unconfigured extension to play a busy tone.  Unless I misunderstood we've answered your question.

david

Hi David,

Thank you. Yes, correct we can use the IVR for this scenario.

Also , I would like to check with you that we have  many agent states such as Talking, Not ready and log out. So , I would  like to check if i can get different ICM tones to each of these states  when agent A transfer to agent B.