cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Set-up on single pc for Testing

cpellowe1
Level 1
Level 1

Have installed ICM v.5 as well as SQL 2k with service pack 2. Everytime I try and go into the Config Manager I get this message,'Unable to initialize the real time feed for instance xxx.'

What do I need to do to proceed?

4 Replies 4

shayonasul
Level 1
Level 1

If you are trying to setup ICM on a single machine (which is known as a 'sprawler'), then you would still need to configure other servers (PGs and Roggers) on same machine. The error message you are getting is probably due to the PGs and Roggers not installed.

Sulabh

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The real-time feed is a connection from the AW process(es) - the Distributor in the ICM Services window - to the Router. In order to establish the real-time feed you must start the Logger, Router and Distributor. It is not necessary to have any PGs running.

(PS. Why are you playing with ICM 5.0? ICM is currently at 7.0, and things are pretty different with 7.0 - W2K3, Active Directory integration etc. - and you would be wise to start there, unless you have a specific customer whose deployment you are replicating.)

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff. I am still playing around with the set-up but thanks for the direction. I completed the version 5 bootcamp course a while ago so only have 5. Client currently on ver.4!

Thanks again

Craig

bbjr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Craig,

If you want the whole Sprawler to come up you'll need to install a PG instance otherwise the system will bounce. But your general issue is usaally the Realtime feed hasn't been established. Remember you need the RTR, Logger, AW and a PG to bring the whole sprawler up.

If you need additional help you may want to reach out to Dimension Data in the US. Pete Hudson, Athan Poulas, Codey Mortsen are all experts in this area within DI data.

Regards,

Bob