cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM subsytem in IVR

plotnikov_alex
Level 1
Level 1

Why I have ICM subsystem OUT_OF_SERVICE in CRS's engine?

I have CRS 3.0(3) and ICM 5.0 and I've read in "ICM compatibility matrix" document that for ICM 5.0 I should have IP IVR 3.1(x)

May be this is a reason or I do something wrong?

Thanks advance

Alex

System Engineer

Moscow

18 Replies 18

Did you install and enable the PG for the IVR? The compatability matrix is important for cisco support. SO, I would advise you to install the supported version. But since you have already installed IVR, check the following:

Did you configure the PG and install the PG for the IVR server? The IVR PG should be Service Control Type with Queue reporting. And the PIM should be enabled

Did you install the JTAPI (from the CM) onto the IVR Server?

Is IVR configured to connect to ICM on the right port? I believe the port is 3000

Have you configured and installed Translation Route Points on the IVR and ICM and do you have the TR application running on the IVR?

I will get back to you in couple of hours with references to some docs

Please rate posts

Thanks a lot,

yes I installed IVR PG with Service Control Type with Queue reporting and port number 5000 (as recommended in CRS's and ICM's guides)

CRS and callmanager are collocated - so JTAPI are already here.

I've tried to configure Translation Route Points on ICM (by the way - what should i do on ivr to configure translation route points there); but may I ask a question please, would it work (ICM subsytem is "IN_SERVICE" I mean) without any Translation Route Points configured?!!

Thank you for your help!, will wait for your answer, though a little time difference between Moscow and USA :)

Alex

P.S Though we (our company) are gold cisco's partner, we haven't CRS 3.1 at this time - only 3.0 and 3.5, we'll get it of course but it need time - so i'd like to understand, may be i can integrate ICM 5.0 and CRS 3.0(3) or we must upgrade crs...

Yeah, Translation routing on IVR needs to be setup.

The translation routing ports that you created on the ICM side - These are CTI Route points on the CM. These TR CTI RP's you need to associate with pguser so that ICM can communicate with CM. And also the same TR CTI RP's you need to associate with ivr's jtapiuser.

Next step is to create an application in the IVR. The application is a Translation Route application and then associate the TR CTI RP's that you created as triggers for the Translation Route application.

Then, add some queueing scripts. I think there are some dummy scripts that comes with the iVR in the wfavvid folder. It might already be there in the scripts. Whenever you want to use a IVR script for a call from ICM, you need to go to the ICM subsystem and add and specify the name of the script there. Also, this script will need to be added to the Network VRU Script List in ICM and then you can use the Run External Script node in the script editor to reference the script.

Yes, it seems to me that all you mentioned i've already done (translation route application associated with basiQ script added in IVR and created translation route in ICM), but still ICM subsystem is out of service...

May be of course i've done some mistakes, but still i've an idea, that there is version's mismatch.

So now i'm coming home, tomorrow i'll return to research ICM and IVR and let you know about results

Thanks again

Alex

Debug the ICM subsystem on the IVR, restart the engine and check the MIVR logs to see where it fails. Also, check the PG2 pim logs

Thanks, and what exactly should i see there?

I've read that for icm and ivr integration there must be IP-QM (in ivr)

below what I've seen in MIVR log:

63: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-4-LICENSE_ERROR:License error: Exception=Enabling QM

64: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-4-LICENSE_ERROR:License error: Exception=Disabling all 138 licensed QM Ports

May be this is the reason? Though I have ip_qm licences when i was installing IVR...

Alex

Oh yeah, that is a good enough reason. You need correct license files but I thought you got the licenses based on your Product Authorization key. You do see ICM subsystem. If you look at the license file, you can see the # of ports etc.

The reason is that when we enter Product Authorization key on cisco site, it says that the system is already activated.

Licences' files that are with QM licences we got from our business partner, and it seems now that licences are bad or files are corrupted :(...

Does it mean that we must purshase this licences?..

other words - QW licences are neccesary ICM to work with IVR?

Alex

though may be they are only incremented licences?...

cause i noticed in MIVR log:

61: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-4-LICENSE_ERROR:License error: Exception=Disabling IP-IVR

62: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-4-LICENSE_ERROR:License error: Exception=Disabling all 193 licensed IVR Ports

63: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-4-LICENSE_ERROR:License error: Exception=Enabling QM

64: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-4-LICENSE_ERROR:License error: Exception=Disabling all 138 licensed QM Ports

65: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-4-LICENSE_ERROR:License error: Exception=Disabling exceeding 50 licensed Nuance ASR Ports

66: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-4-LICENSE_ERROR:License error: Exception=Disabling exceeding 50 licensed Nuance TTS Connections

67: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-6-LICENSE_INFO:License information: Licenses=CRS 3.0 collocated with CM

68: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-6-LICENSE_INFO:License information: Licenses=Package: IP-ICD Enhanced + CTI Protocol

69: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-6-LICENSE_INFO:License information: Licenses=Cisco Queue-Manager Feature Enabled

70: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-6-LICENSE_INFO:License information: Licenses=ICD Ports: 10

71: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-6-LICENSE_INFO:License information: Licenses=Nuance ASR Ports: 10

72: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-6-LICENSE_INFO:License information: Licenses=Nuance TTS Connections: 10

73: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-6-LICENSE_INFO:License information: Licenses=Max ICD Agents: 100

74: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-6-LICENSE_INFO:License information: Licenses=Historical Reporting Client: ICD Enhanced

75: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-6-LICENSE_INFO:License information: Licenses=SDK Enabled

76: Mar 22 16:41:39.801 EST %MIVR-SS_APP-6-LICENSE_INFO:License information: Licenses=Extension Mobility Enabled

Can I integrate ICM and IVR only with licences mentioned?...

Alex

And yet one little question:

What and where in ivr should i see to check ip-qm working or just beeing there (may be as a component in subsystem)?

Alex

It is not really a component. When you have it, you will get ICM Subsystem option instead of ICD. It looks like your licenses are not correct. You seem to have both ICD + IP-QM. Did you contact cisco licensing about this?

Yes, I have ICD and ICM both are in crs subsystem...

May be should I install crs without ICD licences?

Alex

Are the licenses for the correct version? Sometimes they are version-sensitive.

I do not know exactly for what version they are (how can i know it?), cause we have them from our business partner...

Yesterday I've tried to reinstall crs without ICD licences, result is the same - ICM subsystem OUT_OF_SERVICE...

Today if all'll be ok, we can get crs 3.1 from Cisco Moscow's representative office, but i don't know if they'll give it to us with licences...

Are you sure that licences are version sensitive within the limits of one version (but different subversion - 3.0 and 3.1 crs for example)?

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: