Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

ICM/UCCE AD authentication support

Hi,

I would like to know the details of UUCE support for authenticating users across multiple domains?

Does the software automatically authenticate all users originating from

1. Anywhere in the forest heirarchy?
  2. nywhere in the forest as long as they are part of groups with prefefined names
  3. or can user restrict where in the AD hierarchy ICM users can come from ? If this is true how is it configured ? by specifying multiple search bases or some other manner?

If there are relvant documents/wiki pages please redirect me to the same

Thanks in advance for the help

Rgds

Arun

2 REPLIES

Specifically what part of UCCE are you looking into ? As for daily administration, configuration and setup it wouldn't matter where the account is, as long as it is a member of the necessary groups on the Cisco_ICM OU. For Supervisors logging in it should again not matter.

WebView also won't care either, but I have come to find that the new reporting solution Cisco Unified Intelligence Center only allows you to define one Search  Base, and that restricts you to users from a single domain. I do think this is being looked into right now, but at present you're limited there.

Cheers,

Kris

Cisco Employee

Hello kris,

Thanks for the reply. I'm specifically looking into webview support for Ad authentication.

From what you have said, i make it out that the webview support requires you to add the computers / users you require into CISCO ICM OU's and any domain that comes under that OUwould be supported by the webview authentication. Is my understanding correct?

If this is the case, are users also authenticated in the same way? Can all users part of the DC's added to the OU authenticate with webview or only users who are added to OU as well as part of the DC's that are added to OU can authenticate?

What are the requirements at the AD? Does the servers added require Global catalog to be setup and What are the trust requirements?

Thanks

Arun

Views
Helpful
Replies