Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM upgrade with Domain Manager issue

Hi,

I am migrating ICM version 7.2 to 8.0(1a). Upgrade installation is ok. But when I click Domain Manager--> Cisco_ICM --> Expand, one error is warned:"Missing or incorrect type of security group CN=Cisco_ICM_Config, OU=Cisco_ICM,DC=IPCC,DC=Vinaphone,DC=Com,DC=VN
Missing or incorrect type of security group CN=Cisco_ICM_Setup, OU=Cisco_ICM,DC=IPCC,DC=Vinaphone,DC=Com,DC=VN
Missing or incorrect type of security group CN=Cisco_ICM_WebView, OU=Cisco_ICM,DC=IPCC,DC=Vinaphone,DC=Com,DC=VN"

(attached file is screen shot)

Any one clarify help me?

Thank,

Thuc

25 REPLIES
Silver

If you open Active Directory

If you open Active Directory Users and Computers and click on the Cisco_ICM OU, do you see the three security groups of Cisco_ICM_Config, Cisco_ICM_Setup, Cisco_ICM_WebView ? 

Are you running domain manager as a domain user that is a member of those three security groups and is also a local administrator on the server you are running domain manager from?

Hi Omar Deen, In the Active

Hi Omar Deen,

In the Active Directory Server, I can see three security groups. And I login with Administrator Domain account. Domain Admin is also a member of local administrator group.

Any ideas help me?

Thuc

Silver

If you open the three

If you open the three security groups and click on the Members tab, do you see the domain user listed in there? Do you also see the Domain Admins group in there? 

Just to be certain, the server you are working on is in fact joined to the domain, correct? Do you see the computer in Active Directory?

Hi, I see the Domain Admin

Hi,

I see the Domain Admin Group  there. Please see my screen shot.

I make sure the server is iointed into correct domain.

Thanks

Thuc

Silver

I'm going to make a couple

I'm going to make a couple assumptions...

• You are on Server 2003
  • You conducted a common ground upgrade (same hardware)
  • You ran EDMT to update your database schema from 7 to 8

This is a perfect doc to follow: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise8_0_1/installation/guide/icm80ug.pdf

Hi, I use Technology Refresh

Hi,

I use Technology Refresh Upgrade from Windows 2K3 to Windows 2k8.

I can run EDMT and Installer properly.

Thuc

Silver

In that case....You need to

In that case....

You need to upgrade to 8.5(2)

From the doc: If you are transitioning to a Windows Server 2008 R2 server, then you must perform a Technology Refresh and you must apply the release 8.5(2) (or later) Maintenance Release before the system is functional.

You are right. I already

You are right. I already applied 8.5.2 patch file succesfully. Now, I am staying in version 8.5.2. My target is version 10.0. This one is first step in my plan.

Thuc

Silver

So you are good to go now or

So you are good to go now or are you still running into that error with domain manager?

Hi, I want to make sure

Hi,

I want to make sure everything is okin single step before going to version 10.0. Furthermore, Domain manager need a adding security group (<Facility name>_<Instance name>_Service) which is not supported in version 7.2.

Any advices for me?

Thuc

Silver

Just make sure you follow the

Just make sure you follow the upgrade guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_10_0_1/Installation/Guide/UCCE_BK_U3311A55_00_unified-cce-installation-upgrade.pdf

You can go directly from 8.5.2 to 10.0 while skipping 9.x. according to the upgrade doc

So, should I ignore this

So, should I ignore this error?

Silver

Yes, you can ignore it. I

Yes, you can ignore it. I personally prefer to do common ground upgrades because I never have any luck with Tech Refresh within EDMT. 

Hi,One issue is ICM version

Hi,

One issue is ICM version 10 does not support sub-skills. So, I need to make ICM version 8.5.2 operational and then remove sub-skill before upgrading.

Thanks,

Thuc

Silver

Actually, I just noticed the

Actually, I just noticed the fix option... Have you tried to click "Yes" to fix the OU validation errors that ICM is prompting you about? At the bottom, there's an option to fix from your first screen shot that you posted

Silver

Within Active Directory, do

Within Active Directory, do you know what your domain functional level is? If you open Active Directory Users and Computer and right click on your domain, which looks like yours is ipcc.vinaphone.com.vn, and then select Properties. I'm going to guess that you are at Server 2003. Can you verify your domain functional level?

you are right. I run Active

you are right. I run Active directory in Windows 2008 server. So why  are Domain and Forest functional level  Windows server 2003?

Yes to fix all is not working. it still happens again.

Thuc

Silver

It was never increased. When

It was never increased. When migrating from Server 2003 to Server 2008, you must manually make that change and make sure that the FSMO roles are all set. None of that applies to UCCE, but just to answer your question.

You can raise the domain and forest functional level to Server 2008 R2 - but be warned, this is a irreversable process. Once you raise it, there is no going back. 

Here's a guide on how to raise the domain and forest functional level. Please follow it step for step after making sure that you want to do this. 

http://www.petri.co.il/raising-windows-server-2008-active-directory-domain-and-forest-functional-levels.htm

Hi, Do I need to raise domain

Hi,

Do I need to raise domain functional level or both domain and forest function level?

Silver

Both domain and forest

Both domain and forest

HiI change Group Scope for

Hi

I change Group Scope for each Security Group to Domain Local. No warning happens.

Now, I can open Cisco ICM Domain Manager, expand all successfully. I can see four security groups in AD server:
<instance>_<facility>_Config
<instance>_<facility>_Service
<instance>_<facility>_Setup
<instance>_<facility>_WebView

But, I don't see them in Domain Manager.

Any help

Thuc

Silver

The only security groups that

The only security groups that you'll see in Domain Manager are going to be Config and Setup. So if you see Config and Setup in Domain Manager, then you're good to go :) 

Thanks for replyAs i

Thanks for reply

As i mentioned, I need to remove subskill before upgrading to version 10.

When I start Rogger services, they are started and automatically stopped.

Now, I go to wen setup and edit router and logger configuration, Click to finish, an error happens. I think there is issue with AD.

(attach screen shot)

Thanks,

Thuc 

Silver

You're reminding me why I

You're reminding me why I never do Tech Refresh :) 

I think AD is fine, your problem here might be your tasks, or lack there of. Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Task Scheduler... Click on the Task Scheduler Library and see if scheduled tasks show up. These tasks will probably be like At1, At2, etc... On the General tab of those tasks, make sure it's running as SYSTEM, and that the options of Run whether user is logged in or not and Run with highest privileges are selected. 

Open the Services window and make sure Task Scheduler is actually running. If it is, restart the service and go through WebSetup again. In WebSetup, you did set your Instance and Facility before anything else in there, correct? 

Silver

Verify your OUs one at a time

Verify your OUs one at a time. The OU structure is:
Cisco_ICM --> Facility --> Instance

Open Active Directory Users and Computers and click on the Cisco_ICM OU. In the right pane you should see three security groups:
Cisco_ICM_Config
Cisco_ICM_Setup
Cisco_ICM_WebView

Expand the Cisco_ICM OU. You will now see your facility OUs, If you click on your facility OUs, you should see security groups

Expand the facility OUs to see your instance OUs. You should see four security groups
<instance>_<facility>_Service

If you open all the security groups, you'll want to verify that the Group scope is Domain local and the Group type is Security. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content