Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

iDivert feature behavior for UCCX agent

We have recently upgraded from a CUCM cluster v7.1.5 and UCCX cluster v8.0.2 to a CUCM cluster v9.1.2 and UCCX cluster v9.0.2.  The softkey template that we have assigned to most every phone in the organization has the iDivert/Divert feature displayed during call-in.  

We were told by an ACD agent yesterday that the iDivert feature is now broken since the upgrade.  When asked what was broken, the agent told us that before the upgrade if they were logged into CAD in a ready state and they received a queue call if they pushed the iDivert/Divert key on their phones it would put their agent into a not ready state and forward the call back into the queue, sending the call to the next available agent.  They said that now if they are logged in and in a ready state, receive a queue call and push the iDivert/Divert button it forwards the call to VM and keeps them in a ready state.

I told the agent that the way the iDivert/Divert is currently working is how it is supposed to work and the iDivert/Divert feature isn't supported in UCCX for agents and if they wanted to send the call back to the queue they needed to push the 'not ready' button in CAD.  I explained to them that the iDivert/Divert feature just uses the VM profile of the extension to send the call to VM.  It doesn't have any configuration that would send the call back to the queue.  I went through the application script for their queue, specifically the 'select resource' step and cannot see anywhere in the logic of the script that pushing the iDivert/Divert button would put the call back into the queue and put them in a 'not ready' state.

The agent swears this feature worked this way before the upgrade and something must have changed after the upgrade, though we made no script or extension changes during or after the upgrade.

I'm at a loss as to what to tell them as I have never witnessed this scenario.  Logic and research tell me that this is working just as I would expect it to work.  I've spent the better part of an afternoon searching the forums and Google for an answer to this and I have only found one post, from 6 years ago and UCCX v4.0, that lists a similar experience, but all of the replies to that post and others dealing with issues similar to this seem to indicate that this could have never been working the way the agent describes.  iDivert/Divert will only send the call to VM, not put the call back in the queue.

Is there anyone that has experience with this type of scenario?  What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

• Contact Center
Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

iDivert has never been

iDivert has never been supported on agent phones as documented in Cisco UCCX admin guide and release notes, hence you can get unpredictable results with different versions.

2 REPLIES

Your agent is actually

Your agent is actually telling you the truth.  I've seen that same behavior back as far as UCCX 4.X. 

Kind of interesting to hear that Cisco changed something that affects that behavior.  But you are correct when you told the agent that what they were doing was NOT supported.  

Cliff

please rate helpful posts

Hall of Fame Super Silver

iDivert has never been

iDivert has never been supported on agent phones as documented in Cisco UCCX admin guide and release notes, hence you can get unpredictable results with different versions.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.