Views
Helpful
Replies

Ignore dollar sign in table name during db read UCCX

taolaayan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi People,

Does anyone know how to ignore the dollar sign in a table name during a db read operation. I performed a db read with the statement 'Select * from [CIC$Table]' but i get the error message 'Sql statement variable not defined: Table]'.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

what kind of database is that?

Did you try to escape the $ with a backslash [CIC\$Table]?

G.

Hi,

The database is MS SQL 2008.

I have tried with the backslash but i still get the 'Sql statement variable not defined' error message.

Tola.

Hm. Why the dollar sign.

Anyway, would it be possible to create a view (this time, the name without the dollar sign) just with a SELECT , , FROM [CIC$Table] ?

Then, of course, use this view from the UCCX scrript.

G.

Thanks for your reply.

I already created a view (CIC_Table) and i could successfully read the database. However, when i try to perform a db get operation using the  database view table and map fields to variables, the fields on the db get disappear as soon as i save.

Tola

Hmm. Can you please give me the version of UCCX you are using, and also the version of the MS SQL Server. I would like to replicate the problem in my lab.

G.

The version of UCCX is 9.0.2 and the version of the MS Sql Server 2008.

Tola

Hi, all I have is UCCX 8 and MS SQL 2K5, so I can't test it.

Can you do another thing, just to be sure: run a query on a different table or view. Do you see the same issue?

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: