cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Implementation of CISCO IVR – with 2nd Level of SMS Authentication and Backend SQL Server Integration

raulkajen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

All i need is to write a script in UCCX premium with below requirement.

We do offer services to our customers through the IVR, the aim is to ask the Customer to register with our company, and then will be allowed to use the services from us. We want to ask the customer for second level of authentication when he is on our IVR in terms that we will send him the activation code on his registered mobile number and verification of Voice Signature by Voice Biometric System. Then he will be prompted for the services. In addition, once he has logged in then he can order new services for which we will record him request in the Database and then send him an SMS Notifications.

Is this possible in the scripting?

8 Replies 8

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You could send an email to an SMS gateway which would then place the SMS for you. I am not a CRS expert so don't know if there is "Send Email" element - if not, you could do it with a Java class. SQL Server interfacing is OK.

Regards,

Geoff

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

well, everything is possible. There might be some issues with:

- 'voice biometric system' - do you already have a solution for this, or are you planning to create your own? UCCX offers some integration points, and if you've got some Java skills, there's even more,

- the SMS gateway - if it's able to communicate using HTTP (or SQL), then it's fine.

Apart from that, everything is easy.

- the web page: yes, you can even create a web server using UCCX (although if you expect some serious traffic, you might want to use an industry standard HTTP server as a frontend and only send relevant contacts to the UCCX webserver,

- IVR: out of the box.

Looks like a tasty little project, have fun with it :-)

G.

raulkajen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your input. Really appreciate it.

Gergely --->

I'm planning to create the voice biometric system on my own. SMS gateway supports the HTTP and SQL communication.

I will be really helpful if i get a sample script for the above requirement. I have never done this kind of script requirement before.

Is there possibility that you can help me out in this??

Thanks

Kajen

Hi,

well, I can help you with CRS scripting, but first, you need to decide whether to go with the HTTP or the SQL option. Both are supported in UCCX.

My personal preference is SQL - however, especially for the newer UCCX 8.x releases, the list of supported database systems is rather limited. So if your SMS gateway supports Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle DB or IBM DB2 then it's fine. If not, you would have to go with the HTTP option. In this case, you must take a look at your SMS gateway's documentation: what HTTP GET and POST parameters does it expect (GET parameters are in the URL, for instance, http://10.20.30.40/someNeatApp/someNeatService?param1=foo&param2=bar; POST parameters are sent 'behind the scene' - both of them are perfectly supported by CRS).

So again: if SQL - is the database supported?

If HTTP: GET or POST or both?

G.

raulkajen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gergely,

Sorry for the delay.. Yes our sms gateway can support the SQL database. So, can you give a brief description about this scenario and a sample script to make this requirement work.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kajen

Hi,

can you please describe the workflow in Plain English.

For example: "a customer calls in, and is presented with an IVR, if he selects 3, then the IVR asks for his customer number" etc.

G.

raulkajen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First customer calls in to the trigger, their will be a menu to select the language (English,Arabic,French,bla). After the language selection,

customer will be prompted to login using their credentials (press 1),

and if you are new user register your detail (Press 2).

If customer press 1 , then there will a menu mentioning some company services, and customer can order those services by using his account. After successful order, sms gateway sends a notification to customer's mobile number.

If the customer press 2 , then the registration process starts , after successful registration in the database we query the details and then send the activation code to customer's mobile number. Using the activation code he should be able to activate his account and select the services.

Finally, this IVR should play only in the office hours. Non-working hours there will be different prompt.

Hope you are clear about this call flow. If you have any queries please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kajen

Hi,

for the IVR, you can use the Menu step or the combination of steps Get Digits and If / Switch nodes.

Querying the database is also easy, using the DB Get plus DB Read steps (make sure you use a supported database with UCCX, take a look at the compatibility matrix document).

Sending SMS via SQL: use the DB write step with a query like "INSERT INTO my_table (column1,column2,column3) VALUES ($data1,$data2,$data3)".

Restricting IVR availability by the hour: use the Day of Week and the Time of Day steps.

G.