Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import configuration and ICM scripts into ICM 7.5X

Hi all.

I just want to find out if it is possible to export configuration & ICM routing/ Admin scripts from ICM 6.0 into ICM 7.5X? I understand that there is an import/export function in the ICM script editor. Can I just export the scripts from ICM script editor 6.0 and import them into ICM script editor 7.5X?

Appreciate any comment and advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Eric

5 REPLIES

Re: Import configuration and ICM scripts into ICM 7.5X

So, it sounds like you're mixing a few things here.  If you're trying to migrate the ICM configuration you can use the EDMT tool (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_7_5/installation/guide/icm75ug.pdf).  If you're just trying to bring a single script, you can use Script Editor to export/import, but you will have to build the skill groups, call types, etc by hand before you can succesfully import it.

david

Hi, David.

Thanks for the reply and advice. Currently we have a ICM 6.0 and we are going to upgrade the system to ICM 7.5(1) in Technology Refresh mode. However, can I just use the EDMT to migrate the config etc? If not, any other option to upgrade the system?

Thanks & Regards,
Eric

Green

When you use the EDMT to upgrade your Logger database to be compatible with the 7.5 Schema, all your scripts will be converted. So nothing to do here.

If you have a 7.5 system (say in the lab) and want to try to export a script in .ICMS format and try to import into a 7.5 script editor, it may very well work. Never tried it myself. You sure have to have a bunch of config in place before importing any script otherwise "unresolved" references - and you can deal with that.

What is your aim?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi, Geoff.

Actually my aim is to migrate whatever configuration data as well as ICM routing/Administrative scripts from ICM 6.0 to ICM 7.5(1). I understand that I can't just use the EDMT tool to migrate the data from version 6.0 to 7.5(1) based on the Upgrade guide. However, I also do not have any intermediate version such as 7.0 or 7.2.

What is the best way to do it?

Thanks & Regards,
Eric

Green

Eric,

Ok, now I understand. Sorry for not reading your original post very well.

Yes, you have a problem as you well know. In my opinion, you need to create a Sprawler including an HDS of the intermediate version in order to use the EDMT once from 6.0 to 7.0, and then use it again to get to 7.5. Tough upgrade.

How big is your Logger DB and how big is your HDS DB?

Cisco TAC usually like to get involved in difficult upgrades like yours.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content