Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Importing Call Studio files from VXML Server

Folks,

I ran into an interesting situation. Dont ask me how but we seem to have lost i.e. deleted (I can only guess and plenty of blame to go around ) one of the application folder under the C:\Cisco\CallStudio\eclipse\workspace. The studio application was deployed and is running happy on the VXML Server, but we have lost the app.callflow files and project files related to this particular VXML application.

My question is, is it possible to recover the call studio project files (i.e. the app.callflow and other project files) from the VXML Server from the

C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\applications folder ?

I have tried several options under import on call studio to see if I can recreate the studio project from the deployed runtime files, But so far it seems like there isnt really a way.

If any of you out there know of a way to recover the studio project from the VXML server let me know, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES

Well there is no automated way, however Cisco may internally have a tool. Basically we need that project file that is generated.

You can write your own parser to determine the flow from callflow.xml or you can go through callflow.xml under data/application folder and determine the flow and the components called. Each of the components in turn will have the entire info including prompts called etc.  It will be a manual and tedious process.

Yeah, I was just being lazy I guess. I was to recreate the project by reviewing all the xml files on the VXML Server and slowly rebuild the call studio app, But it certainly took a good amount of time to rebuild it. Off course the lesson learnt here is to backup the folder ! ;-)

I was just curious about any other method to recreate the app.callflow file.

Thanks You for the feedback, It would super nice to have a tool that reverse engineer the project from the runtime xml files

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content