Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increment Variable Name?

Hi, I am wondering how to increment a variable name suffix in a loop to check all variables in a series.  I have the following variables:

ANI1

ANI2

ANI3

ANI10

I want to compare the contact ANI to each of the ANI1 through ANI10 variables to look for a match.  So, would like the comparison to increment the number to check each of the 10 variables, like

if (iterator < 10) Then

if (ANI==ANIBlock#)

then do something

increment iterator

How can I increment the # in the ANIBlock, to go through ANIBlock1, ANIBlock2, ANIBlock3, ... during the loop?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Increment Variable Name?

Hi

Define a single variable, as an Array. You can then refer to it as ANIBlock(1), ANIBlock(2) etc to get at the individual vars, or iterate them with ANIBlock(variable) and a loop that increments 'variable' to identify each one.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
3 REPLIES

Increment Variable Name?

I suppose I could do a giant OR statement for the IF, but that could get ugly...

if (iterator < 10) Then

if (ANI==ANIBlock1 || ANI==ANIBlock2 || ANI==ANIBlock3 || ANI==ANIBlock4 || ANI==ANIBlock5...)

then do something

increment iterator

Super Bronze

Increment Variable Name?

Hi

Define a single variable, as an Array. You can then refer to it as ANIBlock(1), ANIBlock(2) etc to get at the individual vars, or iterate them with ANIBlock(variable) and a loop that increments 'variable' to identify each one.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Increment Variable Name?

Thanks Aaron.  That's a good way to go about it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content