Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

INFO: Installation problems you may encounter with IPCC Express CAD / CSD

We just recently upgraded our demo system from version 4.0.2 to 4.0.4

Some of our machines failed with an obscure C++ error message.

On uninstalling the old versions of the software and trying to install from the appadmin web-interface I kept getting an "incorrect parameter" error right after the dialog where you enter your IPCC server IP and port number.

It turns out IE7 was blocking the port, once it was uninstalled and reverted back to IE6 I got past this issue.

But wait, there's more!

The installation would then hang at a later spot with a "An error occurred reading the registry key: APP VERSION."

I had to use this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008020880a.shtml

To rip out enough of the old software from the registry to get as far as the Desktop Base being able to install. By this time, I was only trying to install CAD. The CAD portion of the install was also throwing the registry error, but once I got Desktop Base on the machine, when I uninstalled it, it cleaned all the partial garbage out of the registry and I was able to install all the Desktop Product Suite applications.

It took me about 7 hours of my day to figure all this out, so I hope this post helps someone else out that's running into the same or similar problem.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: INFO: Installation problems you may encounter with IPCC Expr

When setting up Data Source Server Configuration on the BARS server (on CCM pub) you only need to specify the first IPCC Express server. Behind the scenes, the second (reports) server will be included with this first one. This is new to CRS 4.0.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content