Helpful
Replies

Information about IVR Ports

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All,

I have a query regarding IVR ports.

I have an IVR serever which is not in use and has 100 IVR ports.  I have another IVR server which has 75 ports and is in live environment.

My query is, is it possible to move / use 100 IVR ports of unused server for the server in production.

IVR version: 8.0.2.11004-12

UCCE Version: 8.0.3

CUCM Version: 8.0.3

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, OK, I see.

On the IVR, you need to reconfigure the number of ports in the port group. This is the easy part.

Then, you need to increase the number of triggers for the ICM Translation Routing Application. You need to do this one by one. I usually recommend to add a few more Translation Routing App triggers, ten percent or so. If you have 100 ports, I would create 110 triggers for the Translation Routing App.

On the ICM side, increase the number of ports within the Trunk Group. Then, using the Translation Route Explorer, add new Routes and Perpiheral Targets and Labels, according to the triggers you created on the IVR.

G.

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if you are talking about replacing the license, then you should talk to TAC. Licenses are tied to a server "MAC" (quotation marks intended).

Did you consider integrating the unused IVR into the production environment?

G.

Thanks for your feedback.

I will check with TAC about moving license around.

What is the procedure i have to follow for integrating the unused IVR into production.  What challenges and difficulties i would get in doing so.

Please advice.

Hi,

question: what do you mean by saying "unused"? Is it properly installed and the license applied, but it just sits there doing nothing?

If so, you can create a second (third, fourth etc) VRU Trunk group. You might need to schedule a short (5 minutes) outage window to reconfigure the Peripheral Gateway(s).

G.

Hi Gergely,

We have moved unused ports from one IVR to current live IVR with help of TAC

Now i need some help on how do i integate these ports in live environment.

my routing clinet is cucm which invokes ICM script and ICM invokes IVR for some specific task (ICM Translation routing)

Please help.

Question: at this moment, do you have a pair of IVR's in your live environment. The most usual setup is a pair of peripheral gateway servers (PG's or Proggers, where a PG-A talks to IVR-A and PG-B talks to IVR-B).

Or is it just one single IVR server?

G.

Hi Gergely,

i have pair of IVRs and PGs in my environment.

Hi,

so you want to add a third IVR server to the production environment, is that correct?

G.

i dont want to add 3rd ivr server in my environment. but i have added extra license to my existing ivr servers.

so i belive i have to create new call control group on existing ivr servers to use newly added ivr ports.  i need configuration assistance to do so.

Hi, OK, I see.

On the IVR, you need to reconfigure the number of ports in the port group. This is the easy part.

Then, you need to increase the number of triggers for the ICM Translation Routing Application. You need to do this one by one. I usually recommend to add a few more Translation Routing App triggers, ten percent or so. If you have 100 ports, I would create 110 triggers for the Translation Routing App.

On the ICM side, increase the number of ports within the Trunk Group. Then, using the Translation Route Explorer, add new Routes and Perpiheral Targets and Labels, according to the triggers you created on the IVR.

G.

Excellent.... :-)

I think this is what i was looking for.  Let me try htis out.

Do i have to restart any services anywhere to take affect of this.

Thanks again for 5 star answer :-)

Hi,

thanks for the rating. No, you don't need to restart anything, however, I would bypass the IVR I am configuring (in the ICM script, perhaps) just to be on the safe side.

G.

Thanks.

I have added necessary configuration on IVR and ICM; however i am not seeing newly added ports in service.

I am checking real time status of ports via webview which is showing previous count of total number of ports and not reflecting new count.

OK, one step at a time.

Do you see the CTI ports registered? Open the ccmadmin page of the CUCM and check the status of the newly added ports.

G.

Yes, CTI ports are in registered state.

however i am not able to follow is "increase the number of ports within the Trunk Group"

where exactly is this change required; do i have to change actual number of ports from existing to new.

please advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: