Helpful
Replies

Information about IVR Ports

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All,

I have a query regarding IVR ports.

I have an IVR serever which is not in use and has 100 IVR ports.  I have another IVR server which has 75 ports and is in live environment.

My query is, is it possible to move / use 100 IVR ports of unused server for the server in production.

IVR version: 8.0.2.11004-12

UCCE Version: 8.0.3

CUCM Version: 8.0.3

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.                  

27 Replies 27

If your UCCE use the Translation Routing deployment model, then you probably have a Network Trunk Group, representing your IVR's, consisting of two Trunk Groups. Take a look at the ICM Configuration Manager, Network Trunk Group Explorer.

IVR CTI Ports = Trunks in this context. So if you added new CTI Ports in your IVR, you need to add new Trunks to the appropriate Trunk Group.

G.

Does it mean if i add 100 ports i have to add 100 trunks under NTG -> Trunk Group.

However my existing Trunk Group does not have any Trunks added and i have done copy of the same configuration.  Below is the configuration. 6 is the call control group ID.

NTG.JPG

Well, starting - I guess - from ICM 7, there's a trick: you don't really need to configure the trunks anymore, it is supposed to be working without them, too. I do the old fashioned config, so I do use trunks.

Anyway, can you tell me again in which report do you expect to see the increased number of ports? Can you give me a screenshot?

i am seeing the report in webview, report trkgrp22.  Below is the screenshot.Webview.JPG

i have added configuration for CRSB_TG which is showing 75, but i have added 100 more to it.

total configuration:

- configured CTI ports on IVR

- configured new call control geoup

- configured new translation route application with max session as 100

- configured triggers with new call control group and new trnslation route application

On ICM:

- added Translation route DNIS and Label

- added new Trunk Group under NTG with new call control group ID

Hi,

this seems a bit redundant to me. You said you changed the license on the IVR. So the only thing you should have done is to increase the number of ports in the already existing call control group, the existing translation routing application etc. Is there any specific reason you created new instances of these objects?

G.

Hi,

We had 75+75 ports on side A and side B earlier which are part of existing call control group; then we took help from TAC and added another 100+100 and he advised that we have to create new call control group and other configuration to make use of the newly added ports.

can you help me if i m missing anything here.  this is very urgent and will affect all of my production engagements.

Hi, so you created new objects. What kind of help do you expect me to give you? If you created everything correctly, all you need to do is insert thenew Translation Routes to the scripts.

But again, this seems a bit redundant.

Did the TAC engineer say anything about why new instances of CCG's and Trunks etc need to be configured? As I said, this seems to be a bit redundant.

G.

Hi,

There is one document which says,

"Configure ICM Service (for IVR Peripheral)

=> ICM service's Peripheral number and Name will be used in IVR Application configuration Configure ICM Service (for IVR Peripheral)
    => ICM service's Peripheral number and Name will be used in IVR Application configuration"

could you please advice how do i do this?

Thanks.

Hi again,

"one document" What document is that, may I ask?

I assume it's about having the same number for the Call Control Group in IVR and the Trunk Group in ICM. That's the only restriction I am aware of.

G.

Hi,

this was suggested by a TAC engineer who denied to help me with this on a TAC case. is it possible that the webview report which i am referring is not showing correct data; but in fact ivr ports are added and ready to use ?

Hi,

this way: even if you created everything correctly on the IVR side and the ICM side, if you did not add the new Translation Routes to the ICM scripts, then no, they won't be used.

WebView only presents what's in the configuration database, so if you don't see everything in there, chances are you did not configure everything necessary.

G.

Hi Gergely,

Finally good news. all ports are showing up in webview report and they are getting utilised as well.

Thank you so much for your help as always.  YOU'RE A STAR.

Much appreciated.