Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Information about IVR Ports

Hi All,

I have a query regarding IVR ports.

I have an IVR serever which is not in use and has 100 IVR ports.  I have another IVR server which has 75 ports and is in live environment.

My query is, is it possible to move / use 100 IVR ports of unused server for the server in production.

IVR version: 8.0.2.11004-12

UCCE Version: 8.0.3

CUCM Version: 8.0.3

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.                  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, OK, I see.

On the IVR, you need to reconfigure the number of ports in the port group. This is the easy part.

Then, you need to increase the number of triggers for the ICM Translation Routing Application. You need to do this one by one. I usually recommend to add a few more Translation Routing App triggers, ten percent or so. If you have 100 ports, I would create 110 triggers for the Translation Routing App.

On the ICM side, increase the number of ports within the Trunk Group. Then, using the Translation Route Explorer, add new Routes and Perpiheral Targets and Labels, according to the triggers you created on the IVR.

G.

27 REPLIES

Hi,

if you are talking about replacing the license, then you should talk to TAC. Licenses are tied to a server "MAC" (quotation marks intended).

Did you consider integrating the unused IVR into the production environment?

G.

Thanks for your feedback.

I will check with TAC about moving license around.

What is the procedure i have to follow for integrating the unused IVR into production.  What challenges and difficulties i would get in doing so.

Please advice.

Hi,

question: what do you mean by saying "unused"? Is it properly installed and the license applied, but it just sits there doing nothing?

If so, you can create a second (third, fourth etc) VRU Trunk group. You might need to schedule a short (5 minutes) outage window to reconfigure the Peripheral Gateway(s).

G.

Re: Information about IVR Ports

Hi Gergely,

We have moved unused ports from one IVR to current live IVR with help of TAC

Now i need some help on how do i integate these ports in live environment.

my routing clinet is cucm which invokes ICM script and ICM invokes IVR for some specific task (ICM Translation routing)

Please help.

Re: Information about IVR Ports

Question: at this moment, do you have a pair of IVR's in your live environment. The most usual setup is a pair of peripheral gateway servers (PG's or Proggers, where a PG-A talks to IVR-A and PG-B talks to IVR-B).

Or is it just one single IVR server?

G.

Hi Gergely,

i have pair of IVRs and PGs in my environment.

Hi,

so you want to add a third IVR server to the production environment, is that correct?

G.

i dont want to add 3rd ivr server in my environment. but i have added extra license to my existing ivr servers.

so i belive i have to create new call control group on existing ivr servers to use newly added ivr ports.  i need configuration assistance to do so.

Hi, OK, I see.

On the IVR, you need to reconfigure the number of ports in the port group. This is the easy part.

Then, you need to increase the number of triggers for the ICM Translation Routing Application. You need to do this one by one. I usually recommend to add a few more Translation Routing App triggers, ten percent or so. If you have 100 ports, I would create 110 triggers for the Translation Routing App.

On the ICM side, increase the number of ports within the Trunk Group. Then, using the Translation Route Explorer, add new Routes and Perpiheral Targets and Labels, according to the triggers you created on the IVR.

G.

Excellent.... :-)

I think this is what i was looking for.  Let me try htis out.

Do i have to restart any services anywhere to take affect of this.

Thanks again for 5 star answer :-)

Hi,

thanks for the rating. No, you don't need to restart anything, however, I would bypass the IVR I am configuring (in the ICM script, perhaps) just to be on the safe side.

G.

Thanks.

I have added necessary configuration on IVR and ICM; however i am not seeing newly added ports in service.

I am checking real time status of ports via webview which is showing previous count of total number of ports and not reflecting new count.

OK, one step at a time.

Do you see the CTI ports registered? Open the ccmadmin page of the CUCM and check the status of the newly added ports.

G.

Yes, CTI ports are in registered state.

however i am not able to follow is "increase the number of ports within the Trunk Group"

where exactly is this change required; do i have to change actual number of ports from existing to new.

please advice.

If your UCCE use the Translation Routing deployment model, then you probably have a Network Trunk Group, representing your IVR's, consisting of two Trunk Groups. Take a look at the ICM Configuration Manager, Network Trunk Group Explorer.

IVR CTI Ports = Trunks in this context. So if you added new CTI Ports in your IVR, you need to add new Trunks to the appropriate Trunk Group.

G.

Does it mean if i add 100 ports i have to add 100 trunks under NTG -> Trunk Group.

However my existing Trunk Group does not have any Trunks added and i have done copy of the same configuration.  Below is the configuration. 6 is the call control group ID.

NTG.JPG

Well, starting - I guess - from ICM 7, there's a trick: you don't really need to configure the trunks anymore, it is supposed to be working without them, too. I do the old fashioned config, so I do use trunks.

Anyway, can you tell me again in which report do you expect to see the increased number of ports? Can you give me a screenshot?

i am seeing the report in webview, report trkgrp22.  Below is the screenshot.Webview.JPG

i have added configuration for CRSB_TG which is showing 75, but i have added 100 more to it.

total configuration:

- configured CTI ports on IVR

- configured new call control geoup

- configured new translation route application with max session as 100

- configured triggers with new call control group and new trnslation route application

On ICM:

- added Translation route DNIS and Label

- added new Trunk Group under NTG with new call control group ID

Hi,

this seems a bit redundant to me. You said you changed the license on the IVR. So the only thing you should have done is to increase the number of ports in the already existing call control group, the existing translation routing application etc. Is there any specific reason you created new instances of these objects?

G.

Hi,

We had 75+75 ports on side A and side B earlier which are part of existing call control group; then we took help from TAC and added another 100+100 and he advised that we have to create new call control group and other configuration to make use of the newly added ports.

can you help me if i m missing anything here.  this is very urgent and will affect all of my production engagements.

Hi, so you created new objects. What kind of help do you expect me to give you? If you created everything correctly, all you need to do is insert thenew Translation Routes to the scripts.

But again, this seems a bit redundant.

Did the TAC engineer say anything about why new instances of CCG's and Trunks etc need to be configured? As I said, this seems to be a bit redundant.

G.

Hi,

There is one document which says,

"Configure ICM Service (for IVR Peripheral)

=> ICM service's Peripheral number and Name will be used in IVR Application configuration Configure ICM Service (for IVR Peripheral)
    => ICM service's Peripheral number and Name will be used in IVR Application configuration"

could you please advice how do i do this?

Thanks.

Hi again,

"one document" What document is that, may I ask?

I assume it's about having the same number for the Call Control Group in IVR and the Trunk Group in ICM. That's the only restriction I am aware of.

G.

Hi,

this was suggested by a TAC engineer who denied to help me with this on a TAC case. is it possible that the webview report which i am referring is not showing correct data; but in fact ivr ports are added and ready to use ?

Hi,

this way: even if you created everything correctly on the IVR side and the ICM side, if you did not add the new Translation Routes to the ICM scripts, then no, they won't be used.

WebView only presents what's in the configuration database, so if you don't see everything in there, chances are you did not configure everything necessary.

G.

Hi Gergely,

Finally good news. all ports are showing up in webview report and they are getting utilised as well.

Thank you so much for your help as always.  YOU'RE A STAR.

Much appreciated.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content