Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ingress and VXML Gateway Split up

Hi,

Presently I have a Colocated Ingress and VXML gateway for my setup. I am planning to split up the Ingress and VXML functionalities as I have to increase the call Queues in my CVP Comprehensive setup, as the present hardware does not support more number of Queue calls. Please let me know whether the points mentioned below will work with the upgraded system

1. Configure bootstrap dial peers and applications to the new VXML gateway and remove from the existing Colocated gateway

2. Configure ringtone and sip error tone dial peers in the new gateway

3. Point static SIP Static routes of ringtone, error tone and label from ICM from CVP to VXML Gateway

At present we have only one colocated Ingress and VXML Gateway and we have also planned for one ingress and one VXML Gateway for the split up

Thanks,

Dass

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Re: Ingress and VXML Gateway Split up

You are on the right track.

Let's just forget about what's on the current gateway (a combined gateway where we could remove stuff later) and introduce the VXML-only gateway.

1. You probably have "Send To Originator" configured on several patterns - 8111> (the VRU transfer label), 91919191 (ringtone) and 92929292 (error). Remove these patterns.

2. Add these patterns as static routes that point to your new VXML gateway - now the call won't go back to the ingress gwy

3. Install in the flash: bootstrap TCL and VXML, ringtone and error TCL, ringback and error WAVs.

4. Configure the HTTP client cache and the IVR prompt app

5. Configure the voice service voip section

6. Configure the apps - new-call, handoff, cvperror, ringtone.

7. Create the bootstrap, ringtone and error dial peers.

Regars,

Geoff

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: Ingress and VXML Gateway Split up

You are on the right track.

Let's just forget about what's on the current gateway (a combined gateway where we could remove stuff later) and introduce the VXML-only gateway.

1. You probably have "Send To Originator" configured on several patterns - 8111> (the VRU transfer label), 91919191 (ringtone) and 92929292 (error). Remove these patterns.

2. Add these patterns as static routes that point to your new VXML gateway - now the call won't go back to the ingress gwy

3. Install in the flash: bootstrap TCL and VXML, ringtone and error TCL, ringback and error WAVs.

4. Configure the HTTP client cache and the IVR prompt app

5. Configure the voice service voip section

6. Configure the apps - new-call, handoff, cvperror, ringtone.

7. Create the bootstrap, ringtone and error dial peers.

Regars,

Geoff

Ingress and VXML Gateway Split up

Thank you Geoff for the update!!!!

Dass

Views
Helpful
Replies