cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Install Cisco Unified Contact Center Express on Cisco MCS 7800 Server

mariapenilla
Level 1
Level 1

Probably what I am gonna ask is pretty simple but I am a bit ignorant in some topic.

I am trying to find a guide where it details the steps to install Cisco Unified Conctact Center Express on a server, the Cisco MCS 7800 Server, not on windows.

On my server i can see admin: but i have no idea wich command am i supposed to use to run the cd for the installation.

the only one close to it would be file get install c:\setup.exe but doesn't work out.

I will probably need to install CAD and CRS the same way.

Could anyone help me out?

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

UCCX only runs on windows, so you need to install windows 2003.1.4 for example before you install UCCX application.

The Windows media ships with the product as it's not a normal Windows media, it's Cisco scaled down version.

Please follow the install guide for UCCX for more details.

HTH,

Chris

Hello Chris,

First of all thank you very much for your hint.

I have tried to install it on a VMware virtual machine with Windows Server 2003, and I get the following error:

Computer HW provided by Cisco Systems is required to install CRSPatchInstall.

Installation will abort.

Therefore I decided to install it in another Cisco server, but when i try to install

7.0.1_SR09.Build99.exe the following error comes up:

Profile.ini file is not found on the system. The installation can not proceed.

How am I supposed to fix the problem?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello,

You will need to install the OS using the media provided by Cisco. As Chris pointed out, you cannot simply use any Microsoft installation media. You need the dvd's from Cisco.

HTH

--bas

Hi

Before I could start on the topic, kindly note that Cisco strongly recommends using UCCX solution on MCS Servers.

Are you trying to install on VM / MCS Server with Windows Server 2003 from Cisco OR Generic Win2K3 OS from Microsoft?

Cisco UCCX tries to search the Windows installation directory C:\WINNT, however if Windows is installed using Generic OS CD from Microsoft, this would be C:\Windows.

Also some registry tweaks need to be done on the Windows to get the UCCX to start rolling on VM.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a MCS Server with Linux so i will need to create a VM with Windows Server using Cisco OR Generic Win2K3 OS which seems to work as a Windows Server on a Cisco Machine.

Where can i get this Cisco OR Generic Win2K3?I have only found torrents files..

Could you tell me which kind of tweaks on the registry will be need to be made?

Really appreciated your help.

Thank you in advance.

Hope this is ONLY for the Lab simulation purpose, and NOT in Production...

With Win2K3 from generic OS CD from Microsoft, you would need to do the following:

To get this going on standard WIN2003, you need to change a registry setting. It looks like Cisco2003 uses c:\winnt whereas ms use c:\windows.

you need to change the following registry setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\CRS\Properties\Application.MCVD.properties\com.cisco.cluster.impl.cvd.jtapi.rootDir from c:\WINT\ to c:\WINDOWS\

For more info, please refer to http://tannerezell.com/cisco/?p=85

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: