Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing IPCC on a non Cisco Hardware: The registry

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

If I need to install the IPCCE on a non Cisco harware (HP or IBM server), I heared that there is a registry file need to be run that will modify the registry to allow the IPCCE software to be installed on the hardware.

Can anyone advise for this file?

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

VMWare allows you to create a virtual Linux box abstracted from the underlying host and you can then insert the CUCM installation DVD and it will install. The host can be running a range of operating systems - I have used Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server and VMWare's own operating system on an ESX server.

The installer knows it's a VMWare abstraction and does not do the normal hardware checks. The process could not be any easier.

There are many blogs out there with movies that guide you through the process of installing. Try this URL and watch the video.

http://www.blindhog.net/how-to-install-call-manager-6x-in-vmware/

Since I just helped a colleague install CUCM 7.x on an ESX 3.5 server today and I found this simple guide to the post-install steps, with a movie you can watch, I'll provide the URL.

http://www.brainbump.net/2008/12/getting-cisco-unified-communications-manager-70-up-and-running-using-vmware/

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

I don't recommend you go this route as when I did it, back in the 3.x days it was tedious and any SR/patch rewrote the registry.  I've hard successful stories of using the Cisco media and installing it on VM.  This is for UCCX, UCM works like a charm under VM.

david

What exactly do you mean by "IPCCE"? Do you mean Call Manager? I agree with David - if it's just a lab, use a VM.

If you are referring to UCCE components (ICM), then you don't have any worries.

Regards,

Geoff

I mean by IPCCE is the IPCC Enterprise which is, actually I need to build a lab for:

Cisco Voice Gateway

Cisco Call Manager

IPCC (ICM + RGR + PG, ...) and IP IVR

About the VMWare, what exactly u mean that VMware will be fine? Does it mean if I used VMWare then I do not need to worry about the hardware requirements? Or it means that the VMWare support the IPCC components (ICM, RGR, PG)?

Any explaination?

Regards

Bilal

ICM will be fine on any server, it has no hardware requirements.  UCM will need to be installed on VM.  IP IVR should also be installed on VM, but you will need to use the Cisco media to do so.

david

What does it means that it needs a cisco media?

About the UCM, it can be installed via VMWare on any server?

Regards

Bilal

VMWare allows you to create a virtual Linux box abstracted from the underlying host and you can then insert the CUCM installation DVD and it will install. The host can be running a range of operating systems - I have used Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server and VMWare's own operating system on an ESX server.

The installer knows it's a VMWare abstraction and does not do the normal hardware checks. The process could not be any easier.

There are many blogs out there with movies that guide you through the process of installing. Try this URL and watch the video.

http://www.blindhog.net/how-to-install-call-manager-6x-in-vmware/

Since I just helped a colleague install CUCM 7.x on an ESX 3.5 server today and I found this simple guide to the post-install steps, with a movie you can watch, I'll provide the URL.

http://www.brainbump.net/2008/12/getting-cisco-unified-communications-manager-70-up-and-running-using-vmware/

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks a lot, really it helped me a lot.

The remaining thing: If I need to do a LAB for Call Manager, IPCC and CVP and I do not have the CDs, is there any versions that can be downloaded to be used for LAB purposes?

About the license, it come with the CD or it come with the contract?

Regards

Bilal

bigal,

The short answer is no.  You must have the media to do the base installs for all the products.  Cisco does not offer them for download.  The easiest and cheapest way to get all this if you work for a cisco partner is to apply for the Cisco UC 7.0 or soon 8.0 NFR, which will include all of these products and license.  It costs USD $275, or did for the 7.0 Lab NFR Kit.

HTH,

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: