Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Integration of CISCO Agent desktop with Dynamics CRM

Hi,

This is the first time we are trying to integrate CAD with Dynamics CRM for outbound calling. After searching on internet and this forum I have found that is integration is possible through Inetprocess commumnication. The CISCO IP telephones are already installed on our client's network and they are using phones to call their contacts. We need to have outbound calling only so that the agent can have a click to call functionality in CRM. I have following question:

• What we need to start with the integration? I have found that we must need Cisco Unified Contact Center installed. Where it should be installed?
  • Which version of UCC will be fine? Express or Enterprse?
  • Can we send call summary from CAD to CRM through IPC after the call ends?
  • What are the parameters available for call summary in CAD?

Can anyone please help me with the starting of this integration?

Thanks,

Vikas

12 REPLIES

Hi,

if click to call is needed and you don't really care about reporting, then you might want to take a look at the CUCM API's, namely the WebDialer API - it's a simple SOAP based service, already installed at the CallManager (you might need to activate it). User clicks something in CRM -> CRM makes SOAP request -> SOAP request processed by CUCM -> call is made from the user's extension to a desired phone number.

About call centers: both Express (UCCX) and Enterprise (UCCE) have got outdialling options. It's more like about uploading the dialling list and let the call center software do the rest (hunting for available agents, watching inbound/outbound ratios, assigning outbound contacts to agents etc). I do have a customer with a large SAP CRM shop, they are able to provide the contact center software with a dialling list using a custom script - I assume it would not be a problem with Dynamics CRM either.

G.

Hi Gergely,

Thanks for your reply. However we need reporting as I mentioned we need to save call summary.

The agent who has clicked on call button will be talking to the called contact. We don't want UCC to do the assignment for outbound call.

Some of my questions still exists:

• Where we need to install UCCX/UCCE?
  • Can we send call summary from CAD to CRM through IPC after the call ends?
  • What are the parameters available for call summary in CAD?

Can you help me with this?

Thanks,

Vikas

Hi again,

as I said before: UCCX and UCCE _does_ assign the call to the agents - it's not the click to dial functionality you are talking about. Thus you don't want neither UCCX nor UCCE. You can have it, but it would be an overkill, no added value, whatsoever. The agent would just sit there logged in, not getting calls, neither inbound nor outbound from the call center.

What you need is a consultant and/or a programmer creating a simple service in Dynamics CRM that would trigger SOAP requests at the CUCM SOAP server.

G.

Re: Integration of CISCO Agent desktop with Dynamics CRM

Hi Gergely,

Thanks for the clarification.

So for click to call functionality we don't need to use CAD or UCCX/E as this can be done by CUCM API. Can you please suggest how we can save call summary(call timing, failed calls etc) in CRM by CUCM as we need it for reporting?

Thanks,

Vikas

Re: Integration of CISCO Agent desktop with Dynamics CRM

Hi,

you can use Call Detail Records (CDR) from the CUCM - it contains all the details including the length of the call, the caller - ANI -, the destination - DNIS -, and the result of the call).

G.

Hi Gergely,

By using CUCM, will user be able to take the call from computer or IP Phone? As I searched about CUCM and it says call will be generated from phone.

Here is what we actually want:

User logs in to CRM.

User opens a contact.

User clicks the button which says call this contact.

Now user can talk to the contact from system(not phone) by using head phones.

During call user updates the contact information.

When call ends, call summery is saved in CRM.

Can this be achieved through CUCM?

This is the first time we are integrating IP phones thats why I am putting up so much questions . Actually I need to make sure that this solution works and ask client to buy any license ect.

Thanks,

Vikas

Hi,

is there a phone (~ softphone) on the computer? Or does the agent use regular desk phones?

Either way, you need a termination point, either softphone or a desk phone.

Now user can talk to the contact from system(not phone) by using head phones.

If there's a softphone installed on the PC, then I don't see a reason why this cannot happen.

During call user updates the contact information.

In the CRM?

This is the first time we are integrating IP phones thats why I am putting up so much questions

Yes, I can see that. You are going to have some fun time.

G.

Hi,

• Yes agents are using desk phones. But now client want them to be able to call from computer.
  • User will be able to update contact information in CRM only. This is the CRM part no connection with call.

We want the user to be able to call the contact by just one click from CRM screen. And automatically save call summary in CRM after call ends.

Thanks,

Vikas

Alright, then a softphone - Cisco IP Communicator - will be installed on the agent PC's. Again, one way or another, you need a phone, desk or soft, all the same.

And automatically save call summary in CRM after call ends.

Where to?

G.

We want to generate reports based on call summary such as the time duration of call in CRM. There will be an entity for call summery in CRM. What we are thinking is we can get the call details from call manager and save it in CRM.

So can you please list down all the steps and prerequisites that we need to follow to achive this solution?

Thanks,

Vikas

Hi,

the call duration is in the CRM, which is pushed out periodically. You can do periodic updates in the CRM.

So can you please list down all the steps and prerequisites that we need to follow to achive this solution?

Nice try .

G.

Callinize does all of this.

Callinize does all of this.  It is a complete CTI solution and provides click to dial.

www.callinize.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content